Chapter 11

The moaning wind of the desert cried. The sky above covered in cloud, but no rain would fall. It was dark, cold, and barren. Reo and Master Kogah walked down the Yiga hideout halls with a makeshift cane in hand.

"Kogah you just woke up from your fight a day ago, I can handle this, you need more rest." Reo tried to persuade. "I have no doubt you can handle it, but I need to be present, I need to help." He paused and stood beside Reo, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I... we have lost so much. Just give me this."

A moment of silence, then Kogah turned to leave. Reo tightened a fist in anxiety, but followed. The two made there way to the main room. What remained of the clan was there waiting for them. The room was quiet. Kogah made his way to the front and sighed as he cleared his throat.

"...we have seen much horror these past few days. We must admit when we are weak, for how can we fight when we can barley stand..." He paused. "Until our strength returns I am halting all expeditions and patrols. We must stay close to one another. I am banning any yiga from leaving this place unless explicitly told to do so from myself and only myself. is that understood?" Kogah held tightly onto his cane.

The yiga in the room slowly began to nod in reply.

"Good. Now then, rest... eat... drink... do what ever you can to care to your needs. Don't be alone, spend this time to stand together. We all deserve to take this time to mourn those... who've we lost." Kogah's voice cracked slightly as he spoke those last words. He took a deep breath as he held back his tears. "...you are dismissed..." Kogah quietly spoke, and began to walk back to his room, Reo followed, but they were interrupted

"What about (y/n)?! What happened to her?!" A yiga member yelled out. The room went cold. Kogah stood still, trying to control his breathing. Reo turned to the other yiga, "we are under the assumption is was the hero's doing. We will tell you all more when we have more information." And with that the two left.

The two walked in silence back up to Kogah's room. Reo stood by the door as Kogah entered, "may I come in?" Reo asked. Kogah looked at him. "The last thing I want is to be alone... please come in," he replied as he sat on his bed. Reo sat next to him. A few minutes past in the quiet, the wind howls, Kogah wipes his eyes, he rests his head on Reo's shoulder.

"...they deserve a better leader... She deserves a better father, I should've been there..." Kogah weeped. Reo moved Kogah into a hug. "You know that's not true. We all blame ourselves for what happened. We will overcome this." Reo held back his own tears the best he could.
"I miss her..."

"Me too..."

...

The soft breeze of the Akkala Highlands kissed (y/n)'s face as link held onto her.

"We're almost there, you feeling okay so far?" Link asked as he held onto the reins of the horse. (Y/n) hummed in response. "I'm really dizzy..." link nods, "don't worry, Robbie is gonna fix you up." Slowly they approached the lab upon the hill. Link slid off with (y/n) in his arms.

The lab stood high, glowing in blue light. Link lightly kicked the door to knock. Shuffling could be heard from inside. The door swung open, and standing there was a middle aged Sheikah women, Robbie's assistant Jerrin.

But before link could speak Jerrin screamed and slammed the door in his face. The conversation that followed could be easily head from beyond the door.

"Robbie! It's a yiga! He has a yiga with him!" Jerrin yelled as she ran up the stairs. "What are you screeching about?!" Robbie yelled in reply. "The hero is at the door, and he has a yiga member with him!"