Chapter 12

The glow of link's torch revealed the tunneled path. He had felt that he had been walking for hours. With (y/n) on his back and torch in hand, link was growing tired. The air was thick with musk, the stone around them looking to be older than Hyrule it's self.

Suddenly, a crossroads. A tunnel left, and a tunnel right. Link gently put down (y/n) and sat her against the wall. He flicked the torch right, then left, then right again. Robbie said nothing about a crossroads... what was he to do? Link sighed and slid down the wall opposite of (y/n), taking his time to catch his breath...

He sat the torch aside and put his head in his hands. "...this is more than I signed up for..." he spoke softly. "...i was supposed to sleep, wake, claim each divine beast, and defeat the calamity... and now Im on the run, under Hyrule... with you." He looked over to the unconscious (y/n).

Silence takes the hallways, link runs a hand through his hair. Unsure for his next path he picks up the Sheikah slate, flipping through the most recent notifications,

Project Last Resort will power off until charged sufficiently.

He paused, and look back at (y/n), then down at the amulet around her neck. He moved towards her, gently grasping the amulet as he inspected it. Suddenly (y/n) began to stir. Link look up to see her eyes flutter open. "Shit-" link whispered as he stumbled back. (Y/n) groaned, "goddess Hylia... my neck..." she complained while she began to stretch.

Link quickly stood up and pressed himself against the wall behind him, trying to get as far as he could from her. (Y/n)'s groggy eyes first focused on the floor, then his shoes, up to link's unsure eyes. A small gasp escaped her lips as she tried to get her footing, legs oddly weak and the pain in her head becoming unbearable. "N-no! Stay back!" she held out a hand as she crumbled back to the floor.

"(Y/n) you need to listen to me-" link held his own hands out in defense. "What?! How do you know my name, what am I doing here? Where-" (y/n) took a moment to take a look at their surroundings. "Where are we?" She tried to keep her angry confidence facade up, but her own terror was eating at her.

"You had a sever head injury. I took you to get healed-" link took a single step forward, but (y/n) began to shuffle away from him. "(Y/n) listen to me!" Link could feel himself getting frustrated. In one swift movement get knelt down and took hold of her wrist. "Quit it! I'm not going to hurt you, unless you try to hurt me. Do you understand?" (Y/n) froze, her eyes meeting link's. Silence fell around them, only the crackling of the torch echoed against the carven. It was then she realized the trouble she was in.

(Y/n) eye began to well, and it was getting hard to hold them back. "....what do you want?" She meekly spoke, in too much physical and emotional pain to fight back. Link loosened his grip a bit, the way she looked at him, it almost made him falter, but he still held on. "I want you to listen to what I'm telling you." Link spoke sternly, the yiga girl slowly nodded. Link sighed.

"How much do you remember?" He asked the girl. "...we captured you, then there was a lynel... I don't..." she paused "I can't remember?" She broke the eye contact, unsure of what has actually happened here. Link slowly let go of her wrist, scooting back to give her some space, but kept a hand on the hilt of his sword. "I'm gonna start from the beginning okay?" Link gave a small sublet smile, trying to ease the tension.

"The sheikah, they asked me to kill you. After that fight in the field, my Slate," link slowly grabbed his slate and scrolled to the notification from that night, he showed the yiga girl, "it gave me this message, it reacted to you (y/n)."