1.0

❝𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧❞

𝟏.𝟎

Suffering, Agony, Aching, Torture, Throbbing, Torment, Affliction, Sting, Discomfort. They all mean the same thing, Pain.

third pov

third pov

Kiara woke with a startle. It was the third time this week she had this nightmare. Pain radiating from her neck. The nightmare almost felt real. 

Turning to face her clock, the bright numbers illuminated the time 4:53. She still had 4 hours until work. Only 6 hours of sleep. Kiara was disappointed in herself, she promised herself.

Seeing as she wouldn't get much more sleep, Kiara decided to get ready for the day. Hoping out of bed she made her way to her bathroom.

Stepping into the warm shower sent her body into bliss, the pain seeming to fade. It wasn't until after she finished shaving and washing, did the pain in her neck come back. 

Feeling light-headed Kiara sat down in the bottom of the shower. Tears flowed down her cheeks. 

As the pain in her neck became nasty, she squeezed her eyes shut biting down on her knuckle trying to not scream. But the pain seemed to grow.

Stepping out of the shower and wrapping a towel around her body, Kiara made her way to her closet. After 10 minutes she decided on a simple outfit. A pair of baggy jeans, a white crop top, and finishing it off with a pair of random shoes she found in the back of her closet.

Happy with her outfit she grabbed her phone off charge. Checking her clock she noticed she spent almost an hour in the shower. Walking into her kitchen, Kiara looked through the cupboards looking for something to eat. 

Trying to distract herself from the pain, that had become a little tingling sensation, she took a bite of a piece of pineapple. She discovered that she didn't really feel like anything she had.