Chapter 16

3rd Person POV

Wanda sat in the Divinations classroom zoned out

Wanda sat in the Divinations classroom zoned out. Today's lesson is crystal ball gazing, and Wanda couldn't be less interested if she tried. She sits at a round table with Harry, Hermione, and Ron, listening to Professor Trelawney preach about opening minds, and looking into the beyond. The girl rolls her eyes and leans forward with a huff. 

Suddenly the professor shows up at the table, startling everyone up with a jolt. "Now, what do we have here, Hmm?" she asks with a wistful voice. Hermione clears her throat to get her attention. "Oh, do you mind me trying?" Trelawney motions for her to continue. Hermione paused. "The Grim... Possibly." 

The Professor inches slowly closer to Hermione, taking her hand in hers. "My dear, from the first moment you stepped foot in my class, I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of divination." Wanda mouth went agape while she proceeded. 

"No, you see, there? Ah, you may be young in years, but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's. Your soul, as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave, mm-mhm." She then pats a very disgruntled Hermione's hand, which she ripped out of the Professors before throwing the crystal and storming out of the room.   

Wanda stares in shock to women in front of her. "Was that seriously necessary?" She looks around her classroom confused. "Was it something I said?' Wanda massages her temples, taking in a shaky breath. "Yes, yes it was." she states matter of factly. 

Before anymore words could be shared, the bells chimed signaling the end of class. The three stand up and immediately make their way out the classroom. While making their way down the stairs Ron starts the conversation. "She's gone mental, Hermione has. I mean not that she wasn't always mental, but now it's out in the open for everyone to see." 

Wanda audibly gasps and wacks Ron in the back of the head. "Oi, what was that about?" Her eyes grow wide, looking him right in the eyes. "Your so called friend just got insulted by a teacher, and you're over there calling her mental. I'd like to see how you would have reacted to her saying something like that to you." Ron just shrugged and kept on walking. "Ugh, whatever." 

Harry stopped walking, looking at the crystal ball Hermione had thrown. "Hang on, we better take this back." Ron shudders "I'm not going back." Wanda huffs going to stand by Harry. "What, scared she'll tell you about your half sized brain, and that's why you can't pay attention?" Harry barks out a laugh, while Ron playfully shoves her shoulder "Oh shove off Wanda." Before walking away from the two.  

Harry and Wanda make their back up the stairs to the divination classroom. "I mean, I love Ron I really do. But sometimes the things he says are really out of pocket." Harry nods while staring down at his feet. "Yeah, he can be a real ass at times. But he makes up for it." Wanda nods, and they make the rest of the trip in silence.