Chapter 9

Y/n's POV

"I heard your conversation with Camilo earlier." Dolores says as she continue brushing my hair and looked at my eyes on the reflection of the mirror in front of us.I avoided my gaze and frown.

She laughs softly, "Don't worry,I won't tell anyone.Camilo is just so...different,he doesn't usually care about girls in town.He's too busy helping people by his gift that he forgot his own self.Sometimes,I heard his sobs at night.I just hope that he can find his own identity—his own self,by himself or with your help." she mumbles with a sincere voice.

"If you don't mind me asking,when's the first time you heard him cry because of that?" I asked with a concern and curious tone as she's placing a black ribbon clip on the side of my hair.

She sighs, "Hm it started when he's only seven, one of his friends ask him about his age and he didn't know so he cried and run to Mamá.He's confuse,very confuse about himself but if you ask him about other people he will know about them very well."

"He's just a kid..." I whispered my eyes on the floor,I can sense that Dolores is looking at me.

She smiled, "Since then,I observe everything he likes." she sat on the edge of my bed and I turned around on my sit.

"He likes vibrant colors like tangerine and yellow,you can tell based on his closet full of the same colored ruana" she giggled.

"He likes helping people at his very best,he takes care of babies in town when their parents are working and he dare not leave them for a second." she added,she must be really proud to her brother.

She thinks for a moment, "He likes sunflower,I remembered when he plant them and when it grows,he gave me and Mamá those flowers.When he sleeps,he have a stuff toy or an extra pillow beside him that he can hug every night.He loves cuddles but he always denies.He love greeting and smiling to people in town.Oh I also remember,when he was a kid,he creates a small stage and he's acting with his fellow playmates—it was the cutest thing that Mamá took a dozens of pictures of him.His favorite food is -"

"Arepas"  I continued.

We stare to each other for a second and laugh,Camilo and his arepas.

The door opened and we saw Mirabel,she squee when she darted her eyes on my beige puffy dress with of course my embroidery but this time,it's a brown chameleon on the bottom right side of my dress.My hair also looks good with the black ribbon clip and it matches my beige dress and my black doll shoes.

"You look so good Y/n,nice work Dolores!Told 'ya she's good at that thing,now let's go before Camilo starts to look for you.Besides,It's now ten o'clock."Mirabel said and I eyed her for the second sentence she said but she just shrug and grab my hand.Dolores followed.

Camilo's POV

I'm helping Tía Julieta arrange the foods she cooked and also the foods that people bring.The tables are gathered everywhere with a candle and designed roses—which Isabela did.

"Camilo go on and change your clothes,I'll take care of these." Papá said while pushing me lightly towards our casita.I took two arepas that I saw and run fastly.Papá shouted my name and I laugh,no one can blame me for sneaking arepas.

As I walk through Casita,I directly headed to my room and placed the one arepas at my table while I put one in my mouth.

I'm searching through my cabinet full of a combination colors of tangerines,yellow,beige,and black.I decided to wear my collared shirt that I partnered with my usual dark brown bottom and a black sandals.I decided not to wear my Ruana today.

After I changed,I look at myself on the mirror.I look taller without my ruana.I thought and stare myself for a couple of second and when satisfied,I walk out from my room and bring my arepas that I put on the table.

Dolores POV

I'm walking behind Y/n and Mirabel towards the center of Encanto,where we will be celebrating something randomly.It's weird actually but I'm not complaining either.

We're near on where will we be headed when I saw my family and most people in town already there,having fun.

I saw Camilo just arrive too on the other end,he must went to our casita.He looks around to help people who needs it but instead,his eyes caught Y/n's....this is the first time I saw how his eyes spark like that.

They were staring at each other as if they were a work of art.

I smiled, "And this is how two old souls remembered each other." I whispered to the wind.

Camilo's POV

I'm staring at her and I can't help but to mesmerized.She's a work of art.

Maybe I like her but I can't.I don't know myself yet,she don't deserve any confusions.She don't deserve me.

My heart pounds more faster than ever and I can't help it.Many people are in this town yet my own heart chose her but my mind didn't.It chose me.

I walk the distance between us without breaking our eye contact.

Her eyes are field with surprise and confusion.

"Hm let me guess,you sneak arepas?" she asked me,trying to lighten the atmosphere.

Seconds later and I smile genuinely, "How did you know?" I asked while I put my other hands on my pocket.I look at her back and I saw Mirabel eyeing me the 'You can do better' look while Dolores eyes are staring at me as if she know something I do not.I frown but she just smiled.Never in my life wants to be the topic of her gossips.

Y/n laughs, "You have Arepas on your hand,idiot" she said and I looked at my hand.I even forgot that I have arepas.My cheeks burn but I keep it cool and casually took a bite of my arepas.

"If you're jealous,you can see the arepas there."I told her while I pointed to the table filled with arepas.

She shakes her head, "No thanks,I prefer wait for everyone." she declined.

I grabbed her hand which cause her to startled, "Then let's go to the rooftop." I told her while I look at Mirabel and Dolores,they both nodded.

I can't wait to look at her admiring the stars and the moon while I admire her.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

A/N:I truly apologize for not publishing sooner.Thank you so so much for the 8k + reads ,votes,and comments!!!It means a lot to me,y'all either be funny,horny,or being supportive.I love you,loveliesss!!!

How's this story so far?Are you all okay?How's your day doing? (You can Share it to comment section!!)

I'll publish a chapter when I have timeee! Oh a lil update to my life,Sooo I wrote on one of the chapter that I just moved to another country right?Idk if y'all read that or you even read my A/N's lmao but yeah I made so much friends and I'm so happy!!! That's all hihi.

Paiii paiiii,loveliesss!!

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ See you on the next chapter 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆