Chapter 12

Salvatore Boarding School for the Young & Gifted

To Lydia's ears, Scott's speech sounded like his crowning moment. The moment that he saw himself as she saw him from the Pack's first and second official and major missions which were saving Malia and Kira, respectively.

Just hearing his declaration gave her goosebumps very close to the ones she got the first time she heard him Alpha roar.

To Wade's ears, Scott's speech sounded very villainous.

"I have to give in, I have to be the monster, I have to become the beast, become everything I'm afraid of and lose control completely and only then, will I finally become the Alpha I'm meant to be, the Alpha you (Lydia) deserve!"

Yes, that sounds very villainous and the glowing angry red that replaced Scott's brown iris gave him the villainous look to complete the picture.

Sadly, Wade was no hero. He didn't look like the classic hero from the books, cartoons, TV shows, movies and all the other hero/villain tale-telling sources, and he didn't feel like one, so he remained frozen as fear took hold of him.

Scott failed to take notice, his entire being was focused on one thing and one thing alone and his body was literally vibrating in anticipation of what was to come.

"I'll be back," He said heading for the door. "Stay inside and tell everyone to stay clear of the woods southwest of the building, they're the largest."

"Wait!" Lydia stopped him. "What if there are people there already?"

"Lydia," Scott responded impatiently.

"Scott," She replied in kind using a bit of her banshee voice.

He seemed to calm down a little, but there was urgency in his body language.

"Who keeps track of everyone's whereabouts?" Scott asked Wade only to find him frozen in place and a second later his nose picked up on Wade's terror. "Wade?"

"What are you?" Wade questioned voice quivering.

"A werewolf," Scott answered confused.

"A werewolf? I've seen werewolves, and they don't have red eyes."

Lydia and Scott exchanged confused looks at that.

"Scott is an Alpha, Wade," Lydia pointed out. "And Alpha werewolves have red eyes."

"No, they don't."

"Fairies are not the only species this school doesn't know about," Scott realised eyes going human brown. "None of the werewolves here are lycanthropes. This explains why they smell different."

At first, Wade was afraid, but now he was more confused than afraid.

"What are you saying?" He asked.

"Could you explain, Lydia? I have to go look for Mr Williams, so I can find a safe place for me to shift."

"Sure," Lydia replied and Scott left the room running while Lydia sat on Scott's study table chair. "Here's the thing, Wade. There are two kinds of werewolves, the lycanthrope werewolves and the cursed werewolves, Scott is the former and the ones you know are the latter."

With that, Lydia gave Wade the general story of the species.
TRANSITION
The Library
Dorian's POV

Since everyone was busy and the library only had me and my fellow librarians, and it was quiet except for the sound of pages being turned, I enjoyed my favorite part of the job, doing research.

My latest topics of interest were banshee and werewolf mythologies after Emma informed me that a banshee and a different kind of werewolf were enrolled at the school and asked me to give them a tour two days ago, hence I had every book I could find in the library about the said mythologies on my office table along with my notebooks.

Despite the excitement, and fear, of having the existence of banshees confirmed along with meeting one and meeting a werewolf species I thought was only a tale of legend and myth, I managed to give Lydia Martin and Scott McCall a tour of the school without asking them questions about their species, although I did study their behavior.

How and why Emma got them enrolled so quickly was a mystery, and so was their history, a mystery that begged to be solved especially because she specifically asked me to show them around and not a student.

Sure we were secretly seeing each other, but it felt like it was more than that.

Emma was full of secrets, and she didn't allow anyone to get close to them, and by anyone I meant anyone, I wondered why she wanted me to be the first person at the school that they interacted with and avail myself and my knowledge to them whenever I could.

Being that she was the reason they were here, one would think that she should have been the one in my place, giving them a tour and an open invitation to go to her if they needed anything but no, I was apparently the right person for the job.

Actually, it seemed Emma knew what she was doing by choosing me because it turned out that Lydia and Scott required an emergency crash course on flag football and since I was the head coach for this year's game and their tour guide, I was the right person to give it to them.

I did, during the tour which was why it went on for hours, and I was happy to because the school wasn't guaranteed a loss this year and there was a chance that I would go down in Mystic Falls High School/Salvatore Boarding School Annual Charity Flag Football Match history as the coach that led the end of the Salvatore Boarding School's losing streak.

Just thinking about that made my day brighter than it was, and my day was bright, to begin with, hence I didn't ask like usual who was knocking on my closed office door.

"Come in," I answered the knock with an invitation and an intern opened the door.

"A Scott McCall is asking to see you, Mr Williams," He reported.

It seemed Scott wasn't one to take long before making use of an open invitation.

I debated meeting him outside to avoid him seeing my research but figured I might as well let him see that I was curious about what Lydia, and he were, but I could feed my own curiosity without bothering them.

"Send him in," I replied.

The intern disappeared and not long Scott McCall appeared and the first thing I noticed was that he seemed restless.

"What can I help you with, Scott?" I asked putting down the pencil I have been holding for the last ten minutes, but I was too lost in thought to use it as a show of giving him my full attention.

"Earlier, you said that if we need anything..." Scott began.

"You would find me in my office," I completed. "What do you need?"

"I need to know if there are people around the southwest woods."

"Why?"

"I need to do something I've been avoiding for a long time."

"And that is?" I pressed for details and Scott's eyes literally fleshed red for a moment and I recoiled and got to my feet before I knew it. "What the hell!?"

"I need to shift, Mr Williams," Scott said visibly and audibly annoyed and frustrated, and did his voice sound a little deeper?

I interpreted 'shift' as in shapeshift and I couldn't tell whether I was more worried or excited because from what I read, Scott's kind transformed...

"Mr Williams!" Scott called my name with urgency.

"There's a werewolf transitioning space in the basement..."

"I need to do it out there," Scott responded pointing outside with a clawed finger and that told me I needed to give him the answer he wanted before it was too late, we had vampires on campus.

"There shouldn't be anyone in the southwest woods right now, so I think it's safe," I answered. "You can go."

"Thank you."

That was all I got before Scott's eyes glowed red, and he turned and disappeared in a blur.