The flight

I'm late. Why am I always late? I'm sitting in the taxi and I want to scream at the driver to go faster but I know that it was my fault that I'm late again. There is something that I never hear my alarm when I have to take a flight. It happened to me the last time when I flew to London too. This time it wasn't London, it was Hawaii. I really need that now. The last few months of my life have been pretty stressful. A lot of work to do and I had to travel around the entire time so I haven't spend much time at home or rested. Also I found out that my husband Owen was cheating on me for almost 1 year. We were married for 4 years and knew each other since high school. He was kind of like my school girl crush. I always thought that he was the one whom I'm going to spend the rest of my life with but he decided to fuck his colleague instead. I have always wondered when he was when he said that he had to stay at office a bit longer. Now I know what he was doing.

I think I need to take a step back from men. I don't need them in my life anymore. I mean I am an independent woman, I don't need anyone who takes care of me. It is just another person that lets you down some day. I always liked the idea of a perfect prince that comes around and loves you until you are both dead but apparently Prince Charming will never settle for me. Owen settled for Stacy. Stacy, what a stupid name. It already sounds cheap. But I think its better if he is with her, I don't need him. He can hurt her if he wants. She suited him better, just as cheap as him. I don't want to be jealous of her but even though I hate him after I found out, it was hard to just let him go.

This trip should just bring me down and when I return home I will be all chilled out and have more energy. Hopefully. 3 weeks in Hawaii should be enough. Beach, sun, flowers and everything else. There is no other way than to fly across the ocean and the mountains with a very tiny plane. I wanted to fly completely on my own but there was only one flight available and it is going to be with three other people. I just don't want any human contact now and want to focus on myself to sort my head out. I guess I will just ignore these people.

A few minutes we finally arrived at the airport. I ran out of the taxi immediately and grabbed my stuff to get to the plane. I'm already so late and worried to not get the plane but they won't start without me, wouldn't they?

I run across the building and rush through several hallways. I hate airports, they are large and yet so crowded. You need hours to come from one place to the other and especially when you are as late as I am, this isn't helpful. I ran through the security and now I need to find my gate. It doesn't surprise me that it is the last one at the hallway. I hurry across the floor and when I finally arrived at the gate there was no one around. I instantly fear that they flew without me but I could see the tiny plane through the window. I ask a woman at the gate and she tells me that I am almost too late but I can still get in. That was close. I walked down some stairs to get to the plane. Luckily it wasn't far away from the building so I don't need to take the bus. I go up the stairs to get inside the plane. There are just four seats in it. It is really tiny, tinier than I expected it. Two people are sitting together, there was one empty seat next to a guy at the window. I assume that is my seat. I don't want to look at any of these people. I don't know why but I'm embarrassed because I'm late. That doesn't even make sense because I don't know theses people and I will probably never see any of them again. I kept my head low and walk to my seat. The man next to me looks up and nodded at me.

"Hey." He said with a friendly voice.

"Hi." I reply even though I don't want to speak to him. I just did it because I don't want to be rude. It seems like he wants to say something else but I turn my head away. I really hope he understands my body and doesn't talk to me the entire flight. It's embarrassing enough already.

A few minutes later the plane started to move and I look out of the window. I hate this grey weather here and I can't wait to see the sun shining again. It always depresses me to see these grey clouds that look like they are about to free tons of rain. I felt the plane raising from the ground and put on my headphones. It helps me to be in my own bubble and most of the time people get it that I don't want to talk to them when I have my headphones on.

After some time I look over at the man next to me. He was watching something on his phone. Some kind of movie. I tried to look away but my eyes wander back to the screen every time. Hopefully he won't notice this. I don't think he likes me, he probably thinks that I'm rude because I don't want to talk to him. I don't have any time to think about this anymore as I felt the plane shaking. I look up and saw that all the other people look up too. This was normal. It hopefully was just normal. I really don't want to freak out now but the shaking doesn't stop and another woman starts screaming. I can't blame her, I want to scream too. I look out of the window and saw that we are falling down.

"We are crashing." Someone shouted and now everyone freaks out. I look to the side and my eyes meet his eyes. We look into each others eyes and both scream as we realize what was happening. We are in a plane crash right over the mountains.

There came some loud noises from outside and I could see smoke next to the plane. All I heard were screams. I couldn't help it and hold on to the arm of the guy next to me. I don't know him and he don't know me but this doesn't matter now. I dig my nails into his skin and screamed out. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to die anyway so it doesn't matter what he thinks of me. I never expected that I'm going to die in a plane crash. I had this idea of me being an old lady and die peacefully in my sleep but this is probably everyone's dream. It won't work for me.

It doesn't take long until parts of the plane fall off and the wind ran through the entire room. Seconds later we crashed to the ground and then nothing.