Feelings

Why did I do that? I have no idea why I lied to him but as he started to say the things that he said, a really weird feeling went into my body. I don't know if it was panic or love but I choose that it had to be panic. Now I'm not sure if that was the right choice. I don't even know why we are still sitting here, why I don't stand up. I want to but something is holding me down. Joe hasn't said anything more since I told him this lie and I totally understand that. He must feel so bad and for that I feel sorry. I don't want to make him feel bad because he makes me feel the opposite of bad. He feels so good, he is so refreshing. Just the kind of man I need now so I don't get why my brain decided to say this to him.

"What is his name? Your boyfriend?" Joe asks after some minutes of silence.

"Travis." I just say. I decide to keep the story up now that I started with it. Joe kept quiet for a while and I don't say anything either. It's the first time that the tension between us is a bit weird.

"He is a lucky man." Joe mumbles and I really can hear how jealous he is. I want to smile at his words but I try so hard not to. For the first time, I dare to look over at Joes face. He looks down and his hands were playing around with some things on the ground. His face looks slightly red but I can't really see it so I'm not sure about this.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I ask him after a while. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't even though its hard to believe that a man like him doesn't have a girlfriend.

"Do you really think that I would have told you what I just told you if I had a girlfriend?"

"I don't know." I do know.

"I don't but I had." He says and his voice lowers a bit at the end.

"Did you broke up?"

"No." He speaks quietly.

"What happened then?" I keep asking him.

"I don't want to talk about this." He answers and in this moment he stands up from the ground.

"Where are you going?" I say as he wants to walk away.

"I don't know I just want to be alone for a moment." He says and walks away. I let him go, I feel like it doesn't make sense to go after him it say anything else. I don't know what is about his girlfriend but maybe he just don't want to tell everything to a woman that he knows for a few days.

I decide to go to the woods behind the plane to pick up a bit if wood to make a fire at our place. For a moment I think of telling Joe where I want to go but then I remember that he wanted to be alone so I don't tell him. I just leave and search the ground for some things that we can use for a fire. All the time I think about what Joe said and how badly I wanted him to say this. I think I feel the same. I have this feeling that I want to be around him all the time. Everything he does feels right to me but I'm afraid that he will be different around me now that I broke his heart like this.

I come back to the plane with some branches and put them on the ground in a circle. Joe still isn't here. I start to worry about him but then I decide that he is an adult so I don't have to look after him. I just try to get the fire to burn. It took me a few minutes since there isn't anything good here to get a fire on. But I watched how Joe did a fire earlier so I just try to do the same and it worked. I sat down next to the fire and wait for him to come back.

Joe came back after a while, he looks surprised as he sees the fire that I made.

"Oh wow, you made a fire." He says. His voice sounds a bit better now and his face isn't so red anymore. He comes close and sits by the fire with me. He looks at the ground again like he wants to avoid looking into my eyes. I can't blame him but this gives me the chance to take a closer look at his body without him noticing. I love the color of his hair, it may be the same as mine but there is a tone of red in it when the sun is shining so strong. I take a look at his hands. They are big but his fingers are thin and long. I want to hold his hand, I want to touch him, I want him to touch me with this hands. No. I have to stop with this. I shake my head to get my thoughts clear. He still hasn't look up but I want to see his eyes.

"I'm sorry that I asked you so many questions about your girlfriend." I say after a time. I feel like this is not the thing I need to apologize for.

"No its okay. You didn't know." He just says but still doesn't look up. I want to know what happened but I don't want to ask him again. Maybe he will tell me some time.

Then I hear a sound. Finally after 3 days, I hear a sound. Joe looks up as well.

"Do you hear that?" He says and looks at me.

"Yes."

"Its a helicopter." He stands up. In this moment I recognize it too. There was a helicopter flying over us. I quickly realize that this may be our only chance to get out of here.
When the helicopter is flying right over us, we both started to jump and wave and scream to get their attention. Just a few seconds passed until they were too far away.

"Do you think they saw us?" I ask him.

"I'm not sure. Maybe they saw us and fly to a city now to tell someone so they could get us out of here." He says. I want to believe him but I don't. I'm pretty sure that they haven't seen us.