Seventeen.

"I hate night shifts" Kate huffed, throwing a bag into the truck.

Buck rested his hands on her shoulders, he rubbed them soothingly "I know, me too"

"You think she's okay?" Kate asked, 

It has been 5 and a half months since Josie was born and Kate and Buck still hated leaving her, they felt like they were always gone and when they were home, it was spent putting her to sleep and then sleeping themselves.

"I'm sure she's fine" Buck reassured, digging his thumb into a tense muscle.

"You're right. I'm sorry, I just - I hate this month" Kate sighed

It was March, which marked the month Kate's son died. It was coming up on three years and still, everytime March came around she hated it. Things felt more emotional since Josie was born, every hour was spent worrying kate wouldn't make it home or she'd make it home to a baby that wasn't there.

"You wanna talk?" He asked, he knew she'd open up when she was ready, that's if there was something to talk about.

Kate turned around to face him. She let her arms rest in his shoulders "I'm okay, I just feel like I've barely seen any of Josie"

"Me too, I miss her more than I knew I could miss a person"

Kate smiled at him, she leaned forward and kissed him softly.

"Hey, come on at work" Eddie complained

"Oh shush" Kate dismissed

"Is chim still struggling with baby names?" Buck asked

"Yes" chimney chimed, "how did you two name Josie"

"It was a family name."

"We just looked at him and called him Christopher" Eddie followed

"She likes neither" chimney sighed,

Kate patted her friends shoulder "Chim you gotta remember, Maddie is 9 and half months pregnant, she is half a month over Do and carrying around one full term baby who could come at any moment. She probably just wants to have everything ready, including her name"

"We could just wait till she's old enough and let her name herself" he joked, it really seemed like the only option left

"Well that's how you end up with a 4 year old who wants to name herself, unicorn sparkles" Kate chuckled,

...

There next call was one that kicked off their shift in ways they least expected, a woman was driving out of a control and caused a mass crash. Cars were piled on cars, pits of fire between every few of them. It was yet to he discovered what caused the woman to drive so recklessly.

"There's a kid in there!" Kate exclaimed, she had been aiding to People on the sideline, currently cleaning up a minor head wound.

"Is.. is everyone okay?" The older woman asked, she was at least in her mid 50s,

"Ma'am, I'm gonna have someone else finish this. I'd recommend you get checked for a concussion at the hospital"

Kate waved over another medic, briefly filling them in before she rushed over to the car, she hadn't seen a car this messed up since.. well since she saw her ex fiancés car wrapped around a pole.