TWO.

Rodney Deshaun Jackson.

——————————————

i woke up because the sun was beaming into my room, got me thinking i'm waking up in fucking heaven. i flipping over rubbing the hell out my eyes, could've sworn i seen the damn solar system. i hate waking up because of the sun light. i need some black out curtains or something.

i got out of bed, went to the bathroom and handled my hygiene. after i finished flossing, i went down stairs because i smelled my mom cooking breakfast.

"goodmorning my most wonderful and beautiful mother!" i said while cheesing.

"shaun what the hell you want?" she asked giggling.

gasping i asked "why do i have to want something mother dearest?"

"HAHAHA." she cackled sounding like a dying cat. "you just like your damn daddy man. if he was still with us i would've been stressed out everyday."

"ma i don't even stress you out."

"a damn lie." she said side eyeing me.

"ma i nee- SEE i knew something was coming." the dying cat (my mom) cut me off.

"first of all KEISHA don't be cutting me off like that." i spat.

next thing you know the spatula came flying across my head. i knew this lady was crazy but i still play with her cause i'm a gremlin.

"boy you better watch who the hell you talking to and wash the spatula for me. my name is not keisha to you." she said flipping a pancake.

"you want me to wash the spatula you threw at ME?" i said scrunching up my face. "like i was saying before i was rudely cut off then assaulted. i need a car ma."

"for what? you ride to school with lani and she the only person you be with anyway."

"ma i'm going to be a senior ANDDD i'm going to join football this year. i'm not going to be able to ride with lani after practice." i pleaded.

"ouuuu, my baby going to the NFL." she sqeauled. "i can get you a car by next week, but you need to wash the dishes for a month."

"i didn't even get on the team yet ma." i said laughing. "and i hate washing dishes!"

"ain't no yet, you're going to be on the team. what them young girls be saying? PERIOD. oh and idc you doing them dishes anyways."