SIX.

Rodney Deshaun Jackson.

"Lani let's stop for breakfast

"Lani let's stop for breakfast." I said when she stopped at a red light, making her sigh and toss her head back.

"Shaun." She said stale facing me. "Why didn't you say something before? We could've left earlier, I don't like eating my breakfast in class. People I don't even talk to be tryna ask me for some." She said with an attitude evident in her voice.

"Okay, why can't we just eat the food there and what the hell that gotta do with me?" I asked looking at her confused. She stale faced me again and rolled her eyes, then turned back to pay attention to the road.

"You saying what the hell that gotta do with you like you don't need me to take you. I don't have to take you no where bitch." She said strugging her shoulders. "And we can't eat there because we're going to be late. You may not care but, I do. I don't need to hear that man mouth." She said referring to Mr.Adam.

"He ain't on shit." I said waving her off. "Let's just go please. We can just get Burger King, i want some French toast sticks." I cheesed.

author note: Burger King french toast sticks be bussinnnnnn.

"Alright, I'll just get a drink."

"You that scary? Just say no." I said looking at her like she stupid.

"I don't even want to deal with it, so I'll rather just get a drink." She said strugging her shoulders.

"Whatever you want." I said while she pulled into the drive through.

"mhm, what do you want?" She asked turning and looking at me.

"I know i just told this girl..." I mumbled. "French toast sticks lani." I said looking up from my phone to see her squinting her eyes at me.

"You over there mumbling and shit you won't have nothing. What else? No drink?" She asked waving her hands around.

"Yeah I want French toast and some fruit punch."

"Okay." She ordered and we pulled up to the window. "Your total will be $6.29." The worker said holding his hand out for the money. I tried to pull out my wallet but lani handed him her card and i stale faced her.

She turned to face me and gave me a stank face. "What? Why you looking at me like that?"

"You always doing that." I said raising my hands and dropping them back down into my lap. "Why you didn't let me pay? You only got a drink."