FIVE

"Harry," Hermione whispered, gently shoving at his shoulder. He'd been passed out on the sofa in the living room back at Grimmuald Place when Hermione had floo'd in.

"Hermione?" Harry sat up almost instantly upon hearing her voice, "Blimey, if I'd known you'd be here..."

Hermione laughed and shook her head, "Oh no, you're fine." she said, taking a seat on the sofa by his feet as he'd sat up to allow for more room for her. "I just...well I talked to McGonagall, you know, about everything."

"Oh," said Harry, "You did?"

"Yeah..." Hermione trailed off in thought, thinking about how to best deliver the news McGonagall had given her.

"Hermione?" Harry urged,

"You see," she took a long breath in, calming herself, "McGonagall and I both agreed that Hogwarts isn't the safest place for a baby as of right now...you know, with the state it's in and all."

"Oh," Harry said,

"But...But McGonagall suggested that maybe there is another way I can help...One where I would be able to still look after Teddy."

Harry smiled, and cocked his head to the side waiting to hear what she had to say, though Hermione hesitated.

"She suggested - well, if its alright with you, of course - that maybe I could fix up Grodric's Hollow."

Harry was visibly shocked, though it wasn't clear if it was in a bad way or a good way.

"Godric's Hollow?" he asked,

Hermione nodded, "Yes, you see, it is so much smaller than Hogwarts, so it will be much easier and faster to fix up." she said, "I just need a day to fix the actual structure of the house - with magic, of course - and then the rest of the time could be spent making it an actual home."

"A home?"

Again, Hermione nodded. "Yes, you know." she said, "I mean, Grimmuald Place is great, but one day you'll want to settle down with a wife and kids and..." she stopped herself, it hurt to think of Harry with someone else, as selfish as that may be "Well, Godric Hollow would be the perfect place."

Harry smiled, "I think its a lovely idea," he said "Though I sincerely doubt I'll ever marry or have kids of my own...But you're still free to do as you like with the place."

At this, Hermione was surprised, "You're serious?"

"Yeah," Harry nodded, "Sometimes I just...well, I don't know, I feel as if too much has happened, you know?"

Hermione knew what he was implying and it was breaking her heart to hear. "What about Teddy?" she said.

"What about him?"

"Well, when you say too much has happened, I know what you mean," she says, looking over at him, "You're doubting yourself. You don't think you'll ever settle down because you don't think you could be a good husband and father given your past, but Harry, you'll be amazing."

Harry was silent for a moment. "You think...do you really think that."

Hermione nodded. "Yes." she said, "And for the record, I had faith in you that you could complete all of the tasks in the triwizard tournament, and you did. And I had faith in you that you could win the war, and you did. I think at this point my faith in you has to count for something, doesn't it?"

Harry smiled. "Hermione, you have no idea how lost I'd be without you." he said softly, "But as for Godric's Hollow, go ahead. There's no one I'd trust more with it anyways."

"You're serious?" she asked, now smiling as well.

"Of course I–" he began, though he was cut off by Hermione throwing her arms carelessly around his neck.

"Oh, Harry!" she said, "You won't regret it, I promise!"

"I know that much already." he said