SIX

After Ron was done working with George at the shop, he floo'd himself straight to Grimmauld Place. It'd been a while since he'd seen Harry, so he figured he was long overdue for a proper chat.

Harry, of course, was unaware of Ron's plan, so he'd been shocked when he appeared before him in his fireplace. "What are you doing here?" Harry asked.

"Oh, nice to see you too." Ron said, taking a seat on the couch next to him, "Its been ages since we've seen one another."

"If by ages you mean a week or so–"

"Ten days, to be exact, though that's not the point." Ron smiled, as if he couldn't help himself, "Listen, I wanted to talk to you about something, but you have to promise to hear me out."

Harry closed his eyes and sighed, "Fine," he said, "But please don't make me regret this."

"Sure," said Ron, dissmissively, "Look, Ginny and I were talking about you-"

"About me?" Harry interrupted, "Why in Merlin's name are you talking about me for?"

Ron rolled his eyes, "Just listen," he said, "She was really only talking about how she wants the best for you, regardless that you're not together. And of course, me being your best mate, I want that as well, and well...we couldn't help but notice..."

Harry furrowed his eyebrows together, "Go on, then." he said, "Spit it out."

Ron took a deep breath, "Look, I know its going to be weird for you to hear at first, but it's all the entire school ever talked about. Blimey, Harry, I've even heard Professer Binns say to Professor Sprout in fifth year that–"

"Get on with it, Ron," Harry said, "You're really building up the anticipation here."

"Yeah, I reckon." Ron said, then shook his head "Right, no other way to say it, so I'm just gonna spit it out."

"Yes," Harry agreed, "Please do."

"You and Hermione should see one another."

Harry was speechless for a moment, and then, "See one another?" he said, "What do you mean? I've just seen her. She was here the other day, in fact"

Ron groaned, "I mean in the dating sense," he said, "And don't interrupt me yet, not until I've said my part."

Harry was silent, and so Ron took that as his que to keep going.

"You and Hermione work, in a way that her and I don't, and that you and Ginny don't either." he said, "To start, you and Ginny are like brother and sister. Mum practically took you in as one of her own; she knits you sweaters and has even included you on the clock, I mean she's all but done the official paperwork. And that makes you a brother to Ginny, and like it or not, that's how you two see one another. That's why it didn't work - the love that's there isn't romantic."

Harry shook his head, "The love thats there between Hermione and I isn't romantic either."

"But it can turn into that, whereas with Ginny it couldn't."

Harry was silent for a moment. "Why do you think that?" he asked, he didn't sound defensive, only truly curious.

Ron laughed, "Harry, no two people have ever needed one another like you and Hermione." he said, "She's helped you time and time again. And most importantly, she's stuck by you. Even at times where I haven't." he said, "And she needs you, too."

"You can't know that." Harry said, "Hermione's brilliant. I'm not sure she needs anyone."

"Everyone needs someone." he said, "And for you and Hermione, it's each other."

Harry thought about it for a moment, though before he could say anything, there was knocking at the front door.

Ron made a face, "Who uses the front door?" he asked, though he didn't have to wait long because in walked Hermione with Teddy in her arms.

"Sorry, I couldn't floo because Teddy-" she started to explain, but then stopped when she saw Ron. "Oh, Ron! Its so good to see you!" She walked over and hugged him with her free arm,

"You as well, Hermione." he said, "In fact, we were just talking about you."

_____

A/N: hey yall, I'm gonna try to start being more consistent with updates, and with my other stories as well. Let me know which ones you want to be updated so I know where to start lol