CHAPTER 15

The bed was decorated with flowers by the maids. Thebentire room was lightened by earthen lamps. Silence pervading in every corner.

Anaahat was standing in the balcony of her room, the weather was cold since Arjun made it rain in the Swayamvar. But the cool breeze was soothing the anger consuming her mind.

She wasn't crying now, her tears had dried up. Anaahat was looking at the moon and internally accepting her fate, which was now tied to someone else.

But how can she accept him, who was the enemy of her true love. Will he treat her good knowing she was the beloved of Karn, his rival ? Or will he try to take revenge ?

Soon Arjun came to the room and saw her standing in the balcony. He walked up to her and leaned on to the wall.

"It seems as though the weather has gotten cold from the rain, you would get sick if you stand here too long." Arjun said.

Anaahat turned around and looked at him.

"You don't have to care about me." She said coming inside.

She sat down on the bed, Arjun sighed as he came and sat beside her.

"I think I have to." Arjun said.

He puts his hand over hers, she looks at it and then at him angrily, jerking her hand off and stands up.

"Don't even try to do something. I might be your rival's love but that doesn't mean you can use force on me." She said.

"How did you think I would use force on you ? How can I even ? You might seem delicate but I know that before me you have wielded the Gandiv." Arjun said calmly.

"Rajkumar, don't think your sweet words will have any effect on me. I want nothing to do with you or this marriage." Anaahat said.

Arjun stood up and looked at her with a smile, she got confused at that.

"I know how much you loved Angraj. I also know about how much he loved you. And you don't have to stay with me if you don't want to." Arjun said.

"What do you mean ?" She frowned.

"Anaahat, if you want to spend your life with Karn, then you are free to go I promise I won't stop you. But if you wish otherwise then you already are my first wife." Arjun said.

Anaahat looked at him confused, he was willing to let her go if she wants and also ready give her the rightful place in his life if she wishes otherwise.

"And as per today's night or the next few, I can go and sleep somewhere else. But that will raise questions in everyone's mind. So what I shall do is that I will sleep right here." Arjun said.

He lied down on the bed and gestured her to take the other side. Anaahat looked at him skeptically, while he kept smiling.

"Think of me as your friend and have trust on me, come sleep on the other side. You also would've been tired. Don't worry I won't cross limits of the friendship." Arjun smiled.

Anaahat came and sat down beside him while he closed his eyes and turned aside, facing the other direction so he doesn't make her uncomfortable.

She keeps looking at him, confused at such nice and gentle behaviour but then faced the other side, not wanting him to occupy the already mess of her mind.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
A/N

Narottam hai woh Anaahat ! He is chivalric ! He is a true gentleman !

Sailors ! Now starts the tale of Anaarjun !