Sully x reader: Great Wingman

Thanks for the ask! 
Word Count: 764
Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sully was a good friend. A great friend. He was always willing to do whatever his friends needed. After he officially joined the Roar Omega Roar house, he felt an overwhelming need to prove himself to his new brothers. 

If they needed a ride, he was there. Needed some money for lunch? Already paid for. Need help with homework? He'll pretend to know the answers. No matter what it was, Sully was willing to do it. 

Even if that meant setting Chet up with his crush. 

It had started on the first week of school, you had asked if the seat next to him was open, of course, he agreed upon seeing how gorgeous you were. 

You two would chat in between classes and lectures and become quite close, not best friends close, but you would wave to him in passing. 

Your smile always made his morning and he started to willingly get up earlier to catch you walking to class. He would chat with you at parties, wave to you in the library, but he was too nervous to make a move. 

He regrets those nerves one night at a ROR party when he and the other guys are chatting and eating pizza. Chet was rambling on and on about some new monster in his class, but Sully wasn't paying attention, he was watching you from across the room. You glanced over. 

He felt his face and neck heat up, he quickly glanced away, eating the last slice of pizza in one bite. 

"Dudes, dudes, that's them!" Chet whisper-yelled, smacking Chip's arm. 

"Hey, guys," You have walked over, with your classic happy smiles and waves, and that's when it all registered in Sully's brain. You were Chet's crush. 

The next week had been horrible. He watched Chet shamelessly flirt and ogle you and felt his stomach drop every time you smile and laughed at what he said. He often thought about confessing to you, hoping you'd choose him over Chet. But he couldn't do that to either of you, it wouldn't be fair to let his feelings get in the way of their happiness. 

Which is how he ended up here, sitting at a picnic table with you, watching you nervously fidget with your fingers as you contemplated how to ask Chet out. 

"Like, what should I say?" You put your head in your hands, resting your elbows on the table. 

"Just be honest," He shrugged, he had mentally left the conversation about 10 minutes prior. He picked at the splitting wood of the table with his nails. 

"What would you say?" 

"What?" He met your eyes, finally looking at you for the first time during this conversation. 

"How would you ask someone out?" 

He sighed, surely you weren't actually asking him this, but looking at your eyes he knew you were. He straightened his back, looking back down at the table. 

"I would tell them the truth. I would tell them how amazing they are, how sweet and kind and smart. How wonderful I think their laugh is. How they make me feel..." His words got quieter the more he spoke, he knew his face was red, he knew he couldn't meet your eyes without making his feelings incredibly obvious. 

"Sounds like you really feel those things," 

"They're just words," He scoffed. 

"But coming from certain people they have different meanings," Your hand landed on top of his, he froze, head snapping up to look at you. 

"What're you-"

"I like you too, Sully," You smiled, eyes full of adoration and wonder, tilting your head in a way that made him want to scream. 

"What-no...I mean- what about Chet?" He stuttered, fumbling over his words, face getting hotter the longer you looked at him. 

"Chet and I were lying, we all knew about your crush and the guys wanted to help you ask me out so they came up with a plan," You laughed like it was a comical joke. His jaw dropped. 

"And they thought that making me think Chet liked you would make me ask you out?" 

"I never said it was a good plan," You laughed again, this time he did as well. You interlocked your fingers, bringing your other hand up to hold the back of his hand, rubbing your thumb over his knuckles. 

"And I thought I was being a good wingman," Sully joked, rolling his eyes. 

"Turns out Chet's better, who would have thought that?" You both laughed again, meeting each other's eyes and smiling. He couldn't agree more.