It's your life, not theirs. - Chapter 3

FINALLY DOING AN ADRIEN POV!! IL TRY TO WRITE A LOT IN THIS CHAPTER SINCE I HAVE GREAT IDEAS FOR THIS ONE. I'M SLOWLY STARTING TO WRITE MORE WHICH I'M HAPPY ABOUT, SADLY I'VE GOTTEN COVID WHICH MEANS I HAVE DAYS OFF THAT ALSO MEANS I WON'T BE BUSY AND CAN WRITE!! SO IL TRY TO GET A COUPLE OF CHAPTERS IN. ENJOY :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------—

**ADRIEN'S POV**

THE moment I got home Nathalie was waiting for me at the door.

"Adrien you were supposed to be home before twelve, even your father told you strictly to be here before that time. You are 2 hours late and you know how Mr.Agreste acts when things aren't the way he wants it."

Yeah, he acts like a total baby. I drag myself through the doorframe, not making any eye contact with the assistant.

"I know Nathalie but this is the only time I could celebrate something so special with my friends, and I wouldn't wanna miss it."

I've been better at defending myself lately, and glad I am. I look over to see Nathalie handing me a decorated box with blooms printed all over.

"From your father, he wanted me to give it to you today," why did my father suddenly wanna give me a gift this late? I grab the box and play with the ribbon made into a bow. It was never normal for him to get me or give me any sort of present. The only presents I would get were for my birthday and Christmas. I thought it was just one of those lame pens he's been giving me the past years.

"Thank you, Nathalie," she gives me a light smile, going back to my father's office.

I walk up the stairs to my room, tucking on the box. I make my way to my room, shutting the gigantic door behind me.

"What if it's some old yummy cheese?! That would be amazing!" Plagg frees himself from my shirt and places his small body on my desk.

"I bet if anything it's a pen plagg, my father wouldn't gift me any of your nasty old cheese." I place the box on my desk near plagg, examining it.

"My cheese is certainly not nasty," He crosses his arms together and gives me a petty face. I sit on my chair pushing myself closer to the desk.

"What do you think he got me?"

"Cheese,"

"Plagg I already told you he would never get me cheese!"

"Just open it already!"

I slowly pulled the lace ribbon off, feeling the fabric. I took the cover off the package and see a picture frame, but It wasn't an ordinary frame. It was my mother. The picture was from a while back when I was a child. Ever since my mom was gone, I haven't seen any pictures of her other than a straight pose with me and her. But this photo was something else, I could see how happy she was. I've never seen anything like it. And never thought I would. I rested the frame in my hands and just stared at it with a smile. I felt a small pair of paws grasping my cheeks, holding me.

"Even if it isn't cheese, it is still a great gift."

"Yeah, It is, who would know my father cares about what he gives me?" We both broke into a long laugh. I peered at the frame again, smiling at the picture. I placed the picture near the large computer and set the decorated box aside.