Chapter 3 "THE DEAL" (part 1)

"Saturday night, I feel the air is getting hot

Like you baby

I'll make you mine, you know I'll take you to the top

I'll drive you crazy"

(The song is Saturday Night by Whigfield)

...

Damn, neighbor. Did you really have to wake me up this early? Every Thursday morning, Mr. and Mrs. Lou are always in the mood to dance. Both of them have hearing issues so they always put the stereo on full volume because of which you can hear music all around the neighborhood. But this stupid electricity went out right now, so the Lou's will be busy calling the light department.

Anyway, I cannot go back to sleep right now with so much to do. College starts on Monday so I need to revise economics and get my supplies by then. I don't have to buy a lot of supplies just a couple of pens, some notebooks, and a highlighter. I can pick them up from Dillan's store after my shift. I am an economics major with English as my minor. My freshman year will start in a few days and I have barely revised anything. But it's COLLEGE. In school, each one of my teachers said that in college you can do anything and the students exclaimed that no one even says anything in college. I'm sure it will be an exciting experience.

So much has been going on recently that I had no time to think about that website. But I probably will check it out before going to bed. That website seems pretty strange but it does have quite good reviews. A little bit more research and if it turns out good, I may rethink my decision and probably sign up for that date. After all, there is no bad to be loved even if it's just for some hours.

"Get down, scumbag. I need three pots of mac and cheese in 15 minutes." father shouts out loud.

"Coming, Mr.Waters." Uh, do I have to call them that. Mr. and Mrs. Waters, what am I, their maid?

And the so-called charity event occurs again. Almost every week mother and father go to a potluck but they don't want us to come so they lie about going to a charity event. None of my siblings have figured it yet but how can they be so stupid to think that the couple who wakes up at 5 am to steal and read the neighbor's newspaper will give money to some people for the welfare of others.

"Could you be any slower, jerk? Cause I'm pretty sure I heard mac and cheese in 15 minutes." Tessa shouts out. I just hate her so much, she's always after me, exactly like mother. As if one mother isn't enough for me, my darling annoying sister has to be like her too.

"Give me a second, Tess. I'll be there"

Shit. I completely forgot that about my shift. Yesterday, Arthur addressed all the employees and told us about the company that is coming to check our pub. He didn't give us any details but told us to come early and help clean everything. And I just have 45 minutes to make the mac and cheese and reach the pub when I haven't even showered yet.