21st Letter

Guess what?
It’s Monday - NobaMaki, GojoNana and Fushiguro at the coffee shop.
The Group are off their phones for once, shock horror.

“Why are you in your school uniform, Megumi?” Gojo asked, looking across the table. Fushiguro glared at the man, tapping his foot faster against the floor. Maybe Ita stood him up. Or…

“Sorry for being late!”

Megumi looked up from Gojo, dressed in a navy blue shirt and black jeans, and up to Yuuji. The boy was dressed in a white button up and some blue ripped jeans. He looked… nice. More than nice. “It’s no problem, Yuuji-kun!” Gojo smiled at Ita and he sat beside Fushiguro, as it was the only free seat. “I hope you guys weren’t waiting for too long,” Ita laughs, with a red face and scratches the back of his neck. “We weren’t, don’t stress,” Megumi replies, something of a smile playing on his lips. The couples decide what drinks they want and Nanamin goes to order.

“How have you and Nanamin been, Gojo-Sensei?” Ita speaks and Gojo rattles on about how well the couple have been. Ita nods along to Gojo’s words, and laughs at appropriate times. “What I’ve learnt is never annoy Nanamin before 9 AM-” He started and was interrupted by Nanamin returning with Gojo’s caramel latte. Gojo smiles up at the blonde haired man and kisses him softly. “What are you talking about?” He asked and Fushiguro shrugged. Gojo and Itadori smiled innocently and Nanamin shrugged it off. “How has training been, you two?” Nanamin asked and Fushiguro looked over to Itadori and he started explaining the training with the shikigamis and Fushiguro blushes. “How about your cursed energy, Itadori?” Itadori blushes and Fushiguro explains how he controls his cursed energy based upon how much of a threat it is to him. Gojo looks smug, almost as if it were his idea. It wasn’t, and the trio know that.

“Nanamin!”

Megumi’s flat white is the last to arrive, with Gojo’s latte long gone, and Itadori’s frappe on the way there. Nanamin ordered a black coffee which was still hot in his hand. Megumi thanked Nanamin for paying and Itadori suggested for him and Megumi to go for a walk. “Sure,” he shrugged and gave Nanamin some money and got up. He held the takeaway cup tightly.

(A/N: You know the way the, apparently, Lesbians hold their drinks? I imagine Fushiguro does that.)

They are around the corner, green leaves littered around the pavement and grass. Ita jumps the cracks and Fushiguro laughs at the Childish antics. Itadori notices him laughing and stops. “What’s wrong, Ita?” Fushiguro asked and Itadori shook his head and looked up. “Did you see Nobara at the coffee shop?” His brown eyes met Megumi’s jade ones. “No,” he says, faking curiosity. “She was there?” He felt like an idiot, lying to Ita, and he raised a brow. “She was there when Nanamin and Gojo stood us up for ice-cream too!” He realised and Fushiguro smiled. Stealthy, my ass, Nobara Kugisaki. Ita goes to babble on about how she watched them from a safe distance. “Oh,” is all Fushiguro said and Itadori laughs. Fushiguro raised a brow and Itadori pats his shoulder. “You really are my best friend, Fushi,” he said and Fushi smiled, shyly. Best friend, better than nothing. “Ditto, Ita,” he said and the pair laughed.

Only best friend?

The duo return to the coffee shop, seeing Nobara and Maki having joined their “Parents”. The duo causally sat beside each other and Ita leaned his head against Fushiguro’s shoulder. “What were you all talking about?” Fuhsiguro asks and Nobara explains about them arguing who is the best couple. “Oh! Nanamin and Gojo, for sure,” Itadori said, not lifting his head from the boy’s shoulder. “For sure,” Nobara agreed and Maki shook her head. “Nope, either us or Inumaki and Yuuta,” she said and Gojo rolled his eyes.