Chapter 2

After roughly guessing his identity, He Xile finally understood why those non-human beings were so frightened when they saw him open his eyes. One by one, they ran faster than rabbits.

He put himself in their shoes, if he was the one who went to an exhibition in the museum, watching the mummy with great interest, but then the said mummy suddenly sprang to life—

Wow, it's simply scalp numbing just by thinking about it!

He Xile expressed his deep sympathy for these kinds of inhuman experiences.

He found the exit to the museum. He moved slowly, wanting to leave here first. Suddenly, a group of fully armed non-humans slammed the door of the exhibition area and appeared in front of He Xile in a neat line.

Those people in the front row took a defensive stance, while the ones in the back took an offensive stance, all of them staring at He Xile.

At the same time, there were countless small instruments that looked like drones.

The leader was a man with a resolute face and a wolf's tail behind him. He was standing behind a very high-tech-looking shield emitting a blue light. He made gestures and said something loudly to He Xile.

He Xile: "..."

He Xile looked bewildered.

He couldn't understand a word.

Not only that, he can't even read the non-human body language.

However, this massive battalion made He Xile vigilant.

All right.

'Now, it's time to start sympathizing with yourself.'

As a collection that suddenly came to life, He Xile was very self-aware. It was hard for him to convince himself that after these people arrested him, they would treat him as an ordinary fellow instead of dragging him directly to the laboratory.

Like the miracle of him waking up, there was no restriction on walking, despite him clearly sleeping for a long time, but he was very weak in every aspect of his body, making him feel helpless. Apart from cooperating first and striving for the greatest interest, He Xile really had no other way.

He Xile's long eyelashes trembled slightly, and he slowly raised his hands to signal that he was harmless.

The non-humans not far away glanced at each other.

One of them, who looked slender and had a tail behind her, walked over on tiptoe.

She was very fast, but her eyes were always fixed on He Xile. Her pupils were slightly raised like a cat. Finally, she stood two meters away from He Xile and threw an instrument from a distance.

He Xile looked at the instrument. He blinked, but didn't move.

The woman and the wolf-tailed man not far away were a little anxious when they saw this situation. They all gestured with their hands, asking He Xile to pick up the instrument and showing him the same instrument in their hands.

He Xile hesitated for two seconds, then finally bent down and picked up the instrument.

He took the opportunity to observe the other non-human beings and found out that all of them whose arms he could see all wore this kind of equipment.

He relaxed a little.

The instrument buckled in the hand, causing a slight tingling sensation like a pinprick.

The next second, He Xile heard a somewhat rigid voice not far in front of him saying, "He put it on." and the soft voice of the woman on the right said, "Thank goodness."