Chapter 4

"Human?"

There was a hint of doubt in his deep voice.

Wen Ji turned his head, those blood-colored eyes calmly looking at the guard standing straight at the left rear.

The guard stepped forward.

He bowed his head respectfully, and from beginning to end, he never looked at Wen Jiyu while quickly telling what happened in the past.

"This is the human being that Your Majesty got from an auction at the black market. Because it was the finale, Your Majesty didn't look at the contents of the exhibits and directly closed your eyes to take a picture, only to find out that it was from the human race. Your Majesty deemed it to be useless and donated the human to the Imperial Center Museum.

"... Oh." Wen Jiyu finally remembered that it really had happened.

He looked at the box beside the robot and frowned slightly.

Is the human being that they're talking about inside this box?

He clicked his tongue: "How troublesome."

After evaluating the box, Wen Jiyu turned around and left, saying, "I don't want it. Just throw it away."

The guard did not follow.

He stood there and bent down, staring at his toes: "Your Majesty, this is the law made by your father."

He Xile was curled up in a box made of special materials. It was completely dark inside, and he couldn't see or hear anything. It is said that this kind of box is commonly used to transport Hethina* cubs. Its inside was very stable, He Xile didn't suffer any bumps.

[T/N: Hethina, most likely the name of their race, but please take note that I'm using MTL so there's a possibility that I might change it in the future IF the MTL name is altered in the following chapters (the same as the case of the ML's name from Wen Ji to Wen Jiyu).]

He yawned slowly.

It must have been ten minutes, right?

He Xile doesn't know when he will be sent...

Will he get along well with this guardian?

He Xile felt a little uneasy when he thought of what had happened before.

—After saying goodbye to Captain Xing, He Xile approached the staff of the museum, but those staff members were contemplating who would send He Xile to the place. They fought on the spot and were taken away by the police from the Public Security Administration.

Moreover, the rest of the group expressed their willingness to resign.

In the end, they had no choice but to negotiate with He Xile. After asking for He Xile's consent, they packed him up like a cub, and found a robot that would not feel any pain even if it was scrapped on the spot, and finally sent him to the palace.

...is it really that scary?

He Xile was fantasizing in his heart about whether the guardian was a green-face fangs [1], and suddenly heard a "tearing" sound from above his head.

The next second, a ray of light leaked in.

He Xile looked up subconsciously.

What greeted him was a circular dome design similar to that of European architecture. The light gold pattern stood symmetrically, and the dark blue color on the glass made one feel the smell of the ocean waves; it looked astonishingly luxurious.

The box was opened.

He Xile's eyes moved, and at a glance, he saw a man standing not far in front of him.