One

The whole town lived in fear haunted by the fact they could be next. Every night they would hear the screams of the Axe Killers victims. The police had tried to capture him many times but he would always get out of their grasps. No one has ever survived the Axe Killer, he was mercilessly. He was known too kill every single person he crossed paths with, never once letting anyone go. People even stopped moving into town once news spread about his sadistic ways.
____________________________________
"We're moving into a town that has its own killer?!" you screamed.

"Sweetie you know my line of work is all about hauntings and crimes." your father tapped his fingers against the steering wheel.

He had decided not to tell you about the towns history until you were already on the way with all your belongings.

"Yeah but ones that have already happened! I didn't know you were stupid enough to walk into a current one!" you stressed.

"I already bought the house and i would never let anything happen to you so just stop your complaining we're already here anyway" the car pulled into the driveway.

Your dad immediately got out of the vehicle to unpack, he was in amazement at the small town. You groaned before grabbing your stuff to follow him in the house. The house was honestly just as creepy as the town. It was a old victorian styled house and the furniture had odd patterns all over. On your way upstairs the doorbell rang and you heard your dad rush to open it. You rolled your eyes and began setting up your room to make it feel more like home. Your dad came in a few minutes later to see if you needed any help but you'd already set everything up.

"who was at the door" you wondered.

"oh! he was a nice young man just stopping in to tell the new neighbors hi, he lives next door" he explained.

"what was his name" you asked.

"he never said now that i think about it" he said before leaving to set up his own room.

A few hours had passed and your dad went out to go explore the town. You were home alone now with nothing to do. maybe you could go talk to the guy from earlier. Deciding on that you walked out of the house and over to your only neighbors house. all the other house that would be considered neighbors were up for sale because of the Axe Killer. You knocked on the door and a old woman answered, smiling at you.

"hi i just moved in next door uh earlier a guy my age stopped by and said we were neighbors is he home?" you asked.

"im sorry dear but i've lived alone for about six years now" she frowned.

How could that be? He said we're neighbors and this is the only other house...

"oh im really sorry to have bothered you then but it was nice meeting you" you nodded.

it would be dark soon so you quickly went back home not wanting to even risk being a victim of the Axe Killer. When you walked in your dad was already back.

"where were you?" he questioned.

"i went next door to meet the guy from earlier but a old lady answered and said she lives alone" you explained.

"really? maybe she has dementia or something" he shrugged.

maybe.

"what did you get at the store?" you walked into the kitchen.

"oh! i forgot to even stop im sorry i was so caught up in the town it left my mind that we needed to eat" he laughed.

"here take my card and go pick something up from the store so we can have diner" he handed you his card.

"what but it's night" you exclaimed.

"stop worrying so much it'll be fine now go im hungry" he pushed you out the door.

You rolled your eyes before quickly starting to walk in the direction of the store. About half way there you heard something, you spun around to see if anyone was there but all you could see was darkness. You kept walking after deciding it was just your imagination. You made it past a few more houses before you heard a loud scraping sound behind you. You immediately stopped walking and slowly turned around to see what the noise was. A tall man was a few feet behind you wearing a white mask with specks of dried blood on it. In his right hand was a axe he'd been dragging against the sidewalk. Your eyes widened in fear and you immediately started running. You couldn't run back home because that would led him to your dad, the store was to far away, the houses on this street were empty, so the best bet was the woods. You sprinted into the woods looking for a good tree to climb or a bush to hide in. You could hear him coming after you, you needed to find a hiding place and fast. You quickly climbed up a large tree and looked down below you to keep a look out for the man.

"Kitten why are you running from me!" He shouted.

You could see him walking around swinging his axe once in a while as he looked for you. You watched in horror as he stopped walking right below you and looked up. He'd found you.

"Come down and play with me kitten" He laughed.

"NO!" you shrieked back.

He immediately started laughing after you said that.

"I like you, a lot, I think i'm gonna have fun with you kitten" He told you.

You wondered what he meant but you didn't have to much time to worry about it because he started raising his axe. Before you knew it he'd throw it right into your direction, knocking you out of the tree and wounding your arm. You yelled as you hit the ground. The axe was lodged into your arm making you unable to get up and run. You could hear him walking closer until he was standing right above you looking down at your weak body. He grabbed ahold of the axe getting ready to yank it out.

"Let go home now kitten im tired" He said while yanking the axe from your arm.

"AHHHHHHHH!"