Tiger, Tiger: Chapter 27... The End

Dedicated to Elethewombat because she is the reason that this story is here. Without her I would've never found out about Wattpad, and I would've never been encouraged to join and post my work. You are so amazing and your stories are the bees knees. Thank you Wombat, I larf you :) xxx

Well, the time has come.

I have ummed and ahhed over every single word in this chapter. Maybe it's that I want to make it as perfect an ending as I could. Or maybe it's me subconsciously trying to eek this out as long as possible. Either way, the final chapter is here. I want to thank you all SO much for all the support and AMAZING comments you have provided me with. You are so fantastic, thank you :)

Enjoy it and let me know what you think xxx

P.S. I have begun posting the sequel! It's called TIGER'S EYE. Please read, plllleaeeease? <3

.............................................................................................................

“Hey,” Alexander murmured, “look at me.”

When I did not, he slipped his fingers under my chin and titled my face upwards to his, thumb caressing my cheek. His dark eyes searched mine with a worried intensity, making my chest tighten until I could barely breathe. Those eyes would drag the secrets right out of me whether I wanted them to or not.

“Alexis, please. I can’t help you unless you tell me what’s upset you so much.”

As I reached up to take his hands, something twisted the handsome features of his face. He took my wrist, visibly paled, and at that moment I too saw that my hands were stained with dark, drying blood. Marcus’ blood.

“Is this yours?” he asked. His voice was low and hoarse and his eyes wild. When I didn’t respond I felt his grip tighten. “…your Mum’s?”

I shook my head fiercely. A knot building in my throat threatened to choke me. The last thing that I wanted was for Alexander to put himself in danger going after Sole, but how could I lie to him when all that he had ever been told was lies? And now he’d seen blood on my hands. What lie could possibly cover for something like that? I had to tell him what his father had tried to do. I just had to pray that I could restrain him.

I took a steadying breath. “Marcus came back for me,” I exhaled. His face and arm fell. “This is his blood.”

Alexander usually seemed like ice over water, appearing calm and strong. But just like ice, if pushed too hard and too far he would crack and the lethal side of him was revealed. I had seen that side of him twice: when Jimmy had been at my throat trying to teach me a lesson, and now at this very moment. His muscles coiled so tight I thought he might snap and shift. Though it was a comfort to know that there was someone who would fight to protect me, it also terrified me a little to see the softer side of him fade away.

His hand rose stiffly to cup my cheek. Instinctively, as his fingers brushed my still tender throat, I flinched. His eyes shifted from sapphire blue to almost black. “Did he hurt you?” he breathed, a shudder in his voice.

I swallowed hard and tried to speak, but all I could muster was a small nod - yes. The door was already open and Alexander halfway through it before I had registered what he was doing. Slipping past under his arm, I braced my hands against the doorframe to block his path. I wouldn’t form much of a barrier for long if he really intended to get past me, but I had to try.

“Stop,” I begged. “Alex, don’t do this. He’ll be long gone.”

Warm breath whispered across my cheeks as he exhaled and scrunched his eyes closed. Voice taught he said, “I can’t let him get away with this, Alexis. I’ve been blind to what he’s done for too long.”