Nine

Kaijo came in fourth in the Winter Cup.

The team was talking about who was going to be the next captain. The third years were retiring after today. But they were going to the Winter Cups finals. Y/n smiled to everyone.

"Hayakawa Mitsuhiro was chosen to be captain." Y/n clapped happily.

Everyone clapped along. Hayakawa was excited and promised to do his best.

Y/n ruffled Hayakawa's hair. "Good job, Hayakawa. You deserve this spot." Y/n held a kind smile.

Kise was a bit jealous, but didn't say a word about it to anyone.

"Okay, we're gonna watch the finals together everyone, let's go!" Kasamatsu cheered.

"Yeah!" The rest of the team cheered.

~

Kaijo watched the game, and it was pretty good. Besides the fact a few girls came up to
Y/n and Kise for a picture. For once, Y/n and Kise refused to do any "yaoi" scenes for the girls. Y/n and Kise just wanted to watch the game in peace.

"You two denying posing?" Kasamatsu questioned. "Are you two okay?"

"And shouldn't you be studying, senpai?" Y/n asked.

Kasamatsu wanted to throw something at Y/n, but the other third years stopped him.

Y/n leaned his head on Kise's shoulder. Kise leaned his head on top of Y/n's head. They cuddled that way in public.

Furihata was put in the game against Akashi.

Y/n got tick marks.

"That little shit ruined my plan." Y/n murmured in anger. He stood up and shouted in anger at Furihata. "BEAT HIS ASS, AKASHI! SHOW NO MEEEEEEERCY!"

Akashi sweat dropped at Y/n's voice. Furihata got a scared look on his face.

Y/n was being choked by Kasamatsu. Y/n was trying to tap out, but Kasamatsu didn't give a damn.

Kise had to tug Y/n free. Y/n's face fell into Kise's chest. Y/n looked up at Kise from his chest.

"Thanks..." Y/n mumbled.

Kise smiled down at Y/n.

"Of course." Kise rubbed Y/n's hair.

Girls squealed. Kise and Y/n gained a lot of attention.

They shuffled back to their seats, while covering their faces.

The game continued on.

~

Hyuga was starting to argue with the referee.

Seirin got pumped from some cheers.

The Seirin team started playing a lot better.

As the game continued, Kise was mumbling about Seirin's plan. But Y/n recognized it quickly.

Kise was wrong.

Y/n smirked.

"They're turning Kuroko invisible again by making Mayuzumi more visible." Y/n explained.

"Huh? How did you—"

"It's so unpredictable, but once you see it, it's so easy to understand." Y/n evilly smiled. "I'm surprised Akashi didn't see it coming."

Kise smiled at Y/n. "You're really smart, Y/n."

"I've always been this way," Y/n beamed.

"Of course you have." Kise mumbled.