8. Second Rumor

While walking back, while making dinner, and as I fell asleep, the only thing that was on my mind was what had happened after the school day ended.

Those words Komaeda had said.

"I love the hope sleeping inside of you. From the bottom of my heart…"

For some reason, I had trouble understanding what those words meant. I've always had trouble understanding Komaeda in the first place.

And when I woke up, those words still resonated inside of my head.

I sighed and turned off my alarm before it could even go off.

As usual, I took a bath, went to the living room, then the kitchen, and made breakfast as always.

Nanami came in by the time I placed the plates on the table and asked about what happened since that 'date' as she called it, was her plan.

I ignored her words. We left when we finished eating and washed the dishes.

While we were walking, we ran into a familiar face, or rather, the familiar face ran into us.

"Nanami-chan!" A voice all too familiar to Nanami yelled.

We both turned our heads and saw that same blue-haired girl from our first day run over to us.

"Shirogane-senpai!" Nanami exclaimed.

She stopped in her tracks when she made it us, panting heavily.

"Nanami-chan! I–" she spoke to Nanami before turning to me. "Ah! You're Hinata-kun, right? I heard about you from Nanami!"

"Yes, nice to meet you. I–"

"Hey." She suddenly grabbed hold of Nanami and pulled her into a hug. "You don't mind if I borrow Nanami-chan for a bit, right?"

?

Before I could answer, she brought Nanami into somewhere unknown.

"What was that all about…?"

In awkward silence and what just happened in mind, I continued walking to Hope's Peak alone.

Like usual, the moment I stepped foot onto the school grounds—

"Hinata-kun!" Komaeda appeared again and hugged me from behind. "Hm? Where's Nanami-san?"

He looked around in an attempt to find the gamer.

"She left with her senpai. She'll come back later," I say with certainty.

He nods.

"Then, shall we go to your classroom now?"

I glanced at his face, remembering yesterday.

"Mm, sure."

I entered the classroom, Komaeda floating closely. There weren't a lot of people there and Nanami hasn't come back yet.

I had a few meaningless conversations with Komaeda to pass the time, that was when I noticed that he was a bit tense.

"…? Komaeda? Is something wrong?"

He looks at me with confusion.

"What makes you say that, Hinata-kun?"

"You just seem a bit weirder than usual is all."

"But I'm always weird, right?"

"That's not what I–" I sighed. "Just tell me what's wrong."