Meeting the Blue-Haired Meta-Runner

???: Video games are everything! Jobs, entertainment, lifestyle. It's the engine that powers society itself, and to make it in this society, you need to win. A lot. Be in FPS games, Platformers, Battle Royals, you name it. There are gamers who train every waking moment of their life in hopes of becoming the best. And at the top of the food chain, you have Meta-Runners. People who are willing to replace their limbs just for a boost in accuracy, dexterity, and performance. With legions of fans who adore them, Meta-Runners are the best of the best.

(PLAY THIS PLEASE)

Y/N was walking to the coffee shop and he had his phone up with him on Tik Tok. 

Y/N: That's right, my friends! That is exactly why you should not do graffiti on Belle's statue downtown. Peace!

Y/N ended the short video and saw his popularity was growing. 

Y/N: God I love this life. Video games rule!

Y/N looked around him to see other people having fun together with their favorite games and accessories. 

Y/N: Now to get some coffee.

Y/N then headed to the coffee shop which was called, Starbucks. As soon as he opened the door the little bell rang.

(RING DING)

The female barista turned her head to see Y/N coming up to her.

Barista: Hello again Y/N! How's your day today?

Y/N: Oh. It's going good actually.

The barista smiled as she went to the coffee maker.

Barista: The usual?

Y/N: Yep. Thanks a bunch.

The barista smiled as she began to get the coffee ready. Y/N moved out of the line and leaned by the counter. As he waited for his daily drink he skimmed through his phone, checking for any messages from his brother and sister.

(CHIME)

A notification popped up. He checked the message sent by his brother.

David: Heyyyyy! Wassup my little bro!? I and my girl are in the skating rink. She is a beast in roller derby.

His brother then showed a video of his girlfriend taking out all the other opponents.

David's Girlfriend: WOO!! WHO WANTS SOME MORE?

Unfortunately, it was her actually beating them in a roller derby video game. Y/N saw another one pop up and it was from his sister.

Cynthia: Hey Y/N, I wanted to see how you were doing. I wanted to let you know I'm playing Virtual Reality with my boyfriend. You're welcome to join if you want. We're playing Minecraft together.

His sister then showed a video of her and her boyfriend playing Minecraft together, killing Creepers and Spiders.

Y/N: (sighs) Those two are lucky. I'm just the third wheel of their dates combined.

Barista: Here you go Y/N!~

Y/N saw the barista delivering her the coffee.

Y/N: Thank you.