Chapter 1: Prologue

3rd Person's POV

There is two siblings playing in their attic, But it's not an attic that has spider webs everywhere and has loaded boxes with old things. No, it's a lovely place where the Cruz siblings always bond when they can. They live in a lovely country called Philippines. Their house only has two floors and an attic that once was a normal attic before the Cruz siblings made it their play & bond room.

"Nasaan napunta Ang card?" Jacob asked his sister with a grin as he did some card tricks. Both his hands up on the air, Stella puts a hand on her chin. Thinking before pointing at Jacob's left hand. He groaned and showed the card which was behind his left hand as Stella laughed.

"Sobrang basic Naman Nyan Kuya" Stella giggled as his brother tossed the card back in it's box and puts it away.

"Okay na panalo ka nanaman, ano papanoorin natin mamaya?" He asked with his arms crossed grumpily. They made a bet whoever wins gets to pick what they will watch every night.

"Harry Potter and the goblet of fire, syempre!" Stella said with enthusiasm clapping her hands. Jacob rolled his eyes, his sister always picks a Harry Potter movie whenever she gets to win. He always pretends to watch but the truth is he is just playing with his phone when his sister is busy watching.

"Osige na nga" He replied before getting up, slightly bending down carefully so he won't bump his head on the roof. Stella grabbed a comb and started fixing her hair while looking at a full size mirror at the side of the room. It was a bit old since it was from their grandmother. Before their grandma died she gave it to them which she had since she was a little toddler.

Their grandma was a bit weird sometimes. She always came up with crazy stories about their great great grandma has magic, Who made that mirror. Everytime they visit their grandma she always makes them sit down for an hour while she talked about the mirror that was once placed on the living room of the grandma's house.

Jacob always didn't listen to the stories thinking their grandma was just making it up but Stella grew a fond on listening to every word their grandma says about the mirror having magic. The mirror and their grandma was her hope that magic is really real. That's why she always watches movies or films about magic. "Jake! Ella! Baba na Kayo kakain na!" Their mother's voice boomed around their house as it made Stella snap out of her imagination.

"Opo ma!" Jacob replied before picking up the pillows setting them down on the side. "Hoy Ella magligpit kana" Jacob said to his sister before Stella grabbed the toys putting them in the box with the others. They raced down the stairs to the dining room, washing their hands before sitting down and ate their dinner.

"Nagawa Mona ba assignments mo Jacob nak? Ikaw Stella may project daw kayo Sabi Ng kaklase mo, Volcano daw. Iprepresent nyo Yan sa Friday Sabi Niya." Their mother said as they ate.

"Opo ma tapos Kona assignments ko" Jacob answered while getting another piece of chicken, Stella took a sip on her cold water.

"Opo ma, Malapit Kona matapos Yung volcano. Kukulayan nalang" Stella answered before taking another bite from her food. After they ate their mother stood up and washed her hands.

"Oh mga anak, Aalis muna ako punta ako sa tita nyo Jessa. Mamaya pupunta si Abby dito hintayin nyo nalang sya. Mamayang 10 ako uuwi, Si papa nyo mag o-overtime ulit siguro mamayang 12 pa uuwi." Their mother said as they cleaned up the dining table.

"Opo ma" Stella answered as she washed the dishes.

"Ay wait lang ma, Hintayin kaba namin? O magdadala ka nalang Ng susi?" Jacob asked

"Magdadala nalang ako Ng susi, May pasok pa kayo Bukas, pag 9 matulog na. Chaka siguro si Abby pupunta dito after half an hour" Their mother replied grabbing the keys in a drawer.