Chapter 9 - Our True Colours Meet

HONEY & TROIS' POV

Trois: "Honey? You seem distressed. What's wrong?"

Honey: "A g- there's a... a g-..."

He's out of breath from pure shock.

Trois: "Oh, I know this. Aaa... goose! Aaa... grandmother! Aaa... oh, a ghost?!"

Honey: "No, dumbass! A girl!"

Trois: "A girl? Where?"

Honey: "Rylan! The new guy in cell 5! He's a she!"

Trois: "Honey... are you sure? You know you can't make presumptions like this."

Honey: "I know what I saw."

Trois: "And... what did you see?"

His face went pink.

Trois: "Honey?"

Honey: "Unimportant! Just trust me. I'm telling you, Rylan is a girl."

Trois: "Well, did you catch what she actually looked like?"

Honey: "No, but... that's been bothering me too. Her face has looked so familiar to me... but I just can't place it. It's annoying as hell!"

Trois: "Okay... how about this? Let's gather up what we already know about Rylan, or whatever her name is, and go from there. We know she's a girl who's been pretending to be a boy."

Honey: "We know that she was sent here for the same reason we were."

Trois: "Yes... now I see what's confusing here... why would a young girl like herself sneak into a women's prison as a man in the first place? It doesn't make any sense."

Honey: "What are you getting at?"

Trois: "What if she never broke in, what if she was a prisoner there to begin with."

Honey's eyes widened.

Honey: "Hold up, you're not suggesting-"

Trois: "She's the only inmate you met there, and you said Rylan looked familiar."

Honey: "Rylan... is Alison...?"

Trois smiled and nodded.

Trois: "I believe so. Uh- Honey, your face has gone bright red, are you feeling alright?"

He turned away from him.

Honey: "Shut up! I'm fine."

Trois put his hand on his shoulder.

Trois: "I think you should go back to her."

Honey: "... Yeah."

Trois: "I wish I was as lucky as you were back there."

Honey: "Heh, you couldn't settle down if you tried."

Trois: "Come now, being in a long term relationship is a choice anyone can make."

Honey: "Hm...... Hey, Trois, what did happen with you back at the women's prison."

He winked.

Trois: "A story for another time. Go see Alison."

Honey: "Right."

ALISON'S POV
I had transferred from the floor to my bed, as I cried from embarrassment.

Alison: "I'm such an idiot! Why did I think I could pull this off? I should just take Kiji up on his offer and go back *sob*..."

Honey: "......Ali?"

Alison: "*gasp*...... Go away... And you should really learn to knock!"

I sat up, wiped my face, and turned to him. Our eyes had barely met when he had me wrapped in his arms.

Alison: "*sniff* Honey...?"

Honey: "I should have known it was you... I'm sorry..."

Alison: "If you recognised me from my cup size you can let me go."

Honey: "I had small suspicions since I saw your face. Then I... uh- just before when I saw... you... it became obvious to me you were a woman."

I let out a sigh and he let go of me to look into my eyes. He took my beanie and wig off, letting my hair down, before he cupped my face and gently wiped his thumb across my cheek.

Honey: "But how I knew for certain was your voice."

Alison: "You mean when I yelled at you?"

Honey: "Exactly. I couldn't forget your threatening tone if I tried."

Even though I was trying hard not to, I couldn't stop the smile that came out. I glanced up at his arrows.

Honey: "Ah, I can explain-"

Alison: "Don't... we've both been pretending until now, one way or another. Let's get to know each other for real."

Honey: "Hm?"

Alison: "I'll start. I'm inmate number 41, my real name is Alison. I'm 20 years old and I was arrested for arson, burning down a school and churches."

He smiled.

Honey: "Alright. I'm inmate number 82, my real name is Honey. I'm 20 years old and I was originally arrested for the theft of... women's lingerie."

Alison: "Heh, yeah... you're my Honey."

Honey: "Wait, I wasn't finished."

Alison: "Hm?"

Honey: "And I'm... very much in love with you, Ali."

My cheeks went bright pink.

Alison: "I... I'm... I'm in love with you too, Honey."

Our faces got closer.

Honey: "Can I... kiss you...?"

Alison: "You don't have to ask."

As our lips touched, I felt every thought of going back to the women's prison evaporate.

Trois: "At last."

We separated from each other and turned to the door to see Trois smiling at us both.

Honey: "DAMN IT TROIS! How long have you been there?!"

Trois: "A while. I'm just happy to see you've settled down, Honey."

Honey: "That's it! Out! And STOP SPYING!"

He shoved him out into the corridor and slammed the door before returning to me in my violent fit of giggles.

Honey: "Hm? What is it?"

Alison: "Pff erm... n-nothing it's just... heh, you kinda have a shot temper, huh?"

Honey: "Hmph."

Alison: "Heh, it's alright, Hon. I meant what I said. I love you, everything about you."

He smiled.

Honey: "Right back at you."

I pulled him down to my level and kissed his nose. I giggled as I notice the colour in his cheeks glow brighter. He stared at me, his eyes slightly wide.

Alison: "Hehe, did I scare you?"

He wrapped his arms around my waist.

Honey: "Not at all, m'lady."