Chapter 21 - He's Taken

A few days later...

It was early afternoon, and I was on my way to cell 6 when I heard some commotion inside.

Honey: "How could you even bring this up?!"

Kiji: "I'm sorry, dear, I truly am. But there's no way around it this time."

Honey: "Don't you remember what happened last time?! You can't expect us to do this, especially when we just got engaged!!"

I was about to go in but jumped back when Trois came out.

Alison: "Trois?"

Trois: "Alison! Uhm... might want to give them a while."

Alison: "What's going on?"

He tried to look away, but I turned his head back to face me, giving him a stern expression.

Alison: "Tell me."

Trois: "Aheh... as anyone ever told you, you can be rather frightening when you require something-?"

Alison: "Trois!"

Trois: "Okay, okay. Listen... a while ago, Kiji came to tell us to prepare for the meeting tour happening tomorrow morning."

Alison: "Meeting tour..."

I said with disgust as I remembered what happened last time.

Trois: "Yes. So now Honey's arguing with Kiji, refusing to let you or himself attend due to your... recent affiance."

Honey: "What if Annabelle shows up?!"

Kiji: "Then just turn her down like you did last time!"

Honey: "Either way, I don't want Ali to get upset again!"

I stood there in thought for a while until an ingenious idea came to mind. Trois got startled by my sudden expression change.

Trois: "Why are you smiling like that?"

Alison: "Trust me. This is gonna be good."

Trois followed me in. When Honey saw me, he stopped arguing and came over to me.

Honey: "Ali! Babe listen, you don't need to-"

Alison: "We'll do it."

Honey & Trois: "Wait, what?"

Honey: "Ali, what are you saying?"

Alison: "We'll go to the meeting tour."

The three of them stared at me in shock.

Kiji: "Well that was suspiciously easy. What are you planning, young lady?"

I simply smiled.

Alison: "Nothing. I know it would be hard to change arrangements what with you only just coming back from suspension and our engagement being so sudden. We can survive just one more time, right Hon?"

Honey: "Uh- I don't..."

Alison: "No matter what happens I promise I won't get upset. Besides, I got nothing to worry about this time around."

He still seemed unsure, but I was insistent.

Honey: "If you say so."

You kissed him and left.