Chapter 13 - Hide Underground

We stumbled and fell backwards into each other as he took a few steps forward.

Alison: "Wait, Kiji! We weren't trying to escape for the hell of it! W- w- we have a reason I swear!"

Honey & Trois: "She's right!"

Kiji: "Start explaining."

Alison: "Shin's coming for me!"

His eyes widened. Like his anger turned into concern. He took a step back.

Kiji: "Come with me, all of you."

We stood up and followed cautiously behind him, whispering to each other.

Honey: "We should have warned you. Kiji's terrifying when you piss him off."

Alison: "I knew. Guess I took his warning a little too lightly."

Trois: "We're sorry we couldn't get you out, Alison."

Alison: "It's alright... let's hope Kiji will help."

Kiji: "Quickly and quietly, you three!"

Alison, Honey & Trois: "Yessir!"

He took us to his office. I hadn't been here since I arrived.

Kiji: "Sit."

We did as he said.

Kiji: "Alright, I'm listening."

I took Olivia's letter from my pocket and handed it to him.

Kiji: "What's this?"

Alison: "The mail I got earlier. It's a letter from my friend, back at the women's prison."

He read it before handing it back to me and thinking for a moment.

Kiji: "So let me get this straight. After receiving this warning letter from your friend, instead of coming straight to me, you decided to run away."

Alison: "Mm-"

Kiji: "I'm guessing that part was your idea, boys."

Trois: "Well, you see... in truth-"

Honey: "It was my idea..."

Alison: "Honey, you don't have to-"

Honey: "It was. When she showed me the letter... I got scared of losing her, of someone taking her away... and so I panicked and came up with the idea to escape."

Alison: "Honey..."

He's been gripping my hand since Kiji caught us, not wanting to let go.

Trois: "We're sorry, Kiji, but we only wanted to keep Alison away from harm."

Kiji: "*sigh* Well, I can understand your motive. But next time, come to me first. I don't want to catch you three doing something like that again. Do you understand?"

Alison, Honey & Trois: "Yes, sir..."

Alison: "... Kiji..."

Kiji: "What is it, dear?"

Alison: "I don't want to go back... if Shin and June catch me, they'll take me back and throw me into solitary."

I was so frightened of just the thought, tears filled my eyes.