Chapter 8

Astrid's POV

"Seriously?" Abby asked, unamused "I don't like this"

"No one asked if you liked it or not" Kara responded simply "it's my day, remember?"

"Yes I know that but that still doesn't mean I like it" Abby pointed out "I'd rather be stuck in detention watching both Clair and Nathan then go watch that cheesy ass movie again... it's like the third time this week"

"It's the second time in four months" Kara corrected "and it's good enough to rewatch... again, my day"

"Yes, I get it" Abby went on "stop reminding me"

"Good... now come on" Kara amused "maybe I'll get you a treat once we get back"

Taking in the proposal Abby's eyes lit up a bit "lead the way, babe"

Tsk... I did not need to hear that-

"Yo Astrid" hearing my name, I turned around only to be met with a pair of bright emerald eyes looking back at me from about ten feet away "does distance count when we're driving?"

"No" I called back "at least I don't think so..."

He merely nodded as he grabbed his keys, getting in his car as I walked over to my own, doing the same. Don't ask me how he got it fixed because even I myself don't know.

The drive home was quiet expect for the random thoughts that clouded my mind. Zayden was keeping his distance alright... and it wasn't because of the restraining order.

"You're such a reckless driver" Zayden exclaimed as we walked into my house "you could've crashed at any moment and I would've literally been an eye witness... and if I was... I would blame it on you"

"Shut up, will you?" I asked back "it's not like you were in the car with me"

"What if I didn't do well with triggers? What if I crashed?" He asked, taking another route.

"Well that's your problem... the world isn't gonna stop throwing cars at each other just cause you might die" I rolled my eyes as I walked into my room, his following suite.

"Tsk" he let out as he sat down on the couch "well? What's there for today? I was thinking bio"

"Yeah... try the certain topic reproduction while your at it" I sarcassed "we're just learning math dumbass or did you forget that because you're so good at bio?"

"Actually... I am good at bio" he seemed genuine, even with the smirk on his face "straight A's... something you probably never seen in your entire existence of stupidity"

"Nerd" I breathed out with a smile "they should rename you the bad-boy wannabe nerd"

"Bad-boy wannabe? Nerd?" He asked, leaning up a bit as he stared at me before letting out a chuckle "oh sweetheart... if I was just a wannabe I wouldn't have gotten the title and I'm not a nerd, you're just stupid"

"Do me a favor?" I asked "don't ever call me sweetheart again and honestly... you just dress the part. I'm not blind"

"Dress the part?" He shook his head at me, seeming more then entertained "does me trashing your car not remind you of my acts?"

"You just trashed it so you could say that" I stated as a matter of face, watching as his face fell a bit "you're not bad at all West... not even close. You being so desperate to prove you are bad is the main reason why you'll always be a wannabe Walmart version. In reality, you're just a nerd trying not to get bullied by building up some stupid reputation but I see right through it. You're a little mamas boy who most likely still goes to bed at around eight"