11. The Sky Over Paris

Paris in anticipation of summer was marvelous. The sun was not hot yet, but it was already tenderly embracing with its warmth. The trees played with all shades of green. Flowering plants were fragrant in the wind.

A girl with bronze hair was walking along the narrow streets of Montmartre, which seem had not changed since Hemingway's youth. A small art shop attracted the attention of a young Parisian. Some kind of magical sense led her into the depths of the boutique. Among the many paintings, one immediately captivated the eye. Its author amazingly subtly managed to capture the exciting beauty of the landscape that opens up before the eyes: the fabulous rooftops of houses and cathedrals stretching to the horizon, the flowers scent of the spring petals and lovers hovering in the wind over the Eiffel Tower.

The young Parisian could not believe her eyes: the girl in the picture looked exactly like her.

"Excuse me, can you tell me about this painting?"

"Yes, of course," the art shop employee, a pretty brunette, approached her. "Oh, you know, we don't know much about this painting, except that it was painted by some... Oh, wow... she looks like you," brunette saw an amazing resemblance.

"Yes, I noticed it too, that's why I'm asking."

"Ooh la la! Really... like two drops of water. If your name was also Rose, as painter's, then it would be even more...

"My name is Rose."

"What?! La vie de ma mère! Damn, are you kidding me?"

"No. I was surprised myself!"

"That's so cool. Oh, holy moly, and if you are real, then this green-eyed handsome may be walking somewhere in Paris?"

"Who knows," the young Parisian smiled, looking at those green eyes.

The roof from the painting, she was determined to find it by all means. Holding the purchased painting the bronze-haired girl looked for an opportunity to climb up.

Meow! A gray stray cat beckoned her.

"Do you want me to follow you?"

"Meow!"

"Ok!"

Holding the painting in one hand, the girl tries to keep up with the nimble cat, slipping into the tiniest secret passages to the roof. Gradually, the landscape becomes more and more like the one depicted in the painting.

"Yes, it really was drawn somewhere here."

The gray cat jumps to the neighboring roof and disappears around the corner.

"Hey! Wait!"

The young Parisian gathers her courage and jumps over a small gap between two rooftops. It wasn't so scary. She walks on, turns a corner and freezes.

Yes! This is the same place. The same roof.

A gray stray cat was basking in the sun with a lordly look.

A pleasant May breeze rippled through Rose's bronze hair down to her sharp shoulder blades and elegant breast. And then it ran over the soft fur of a stray cat, gently blinking in pleasure. The guy sitting next to the cat stroked the cute gray creature. His hand plunged pleasantly into the soft fur. The cat placed his cheek under man's palm.

"Oh, oh, oh... Do you want me to stroke you here?"

He was one of those who talked to animals, especially cats, believing that they understand everything. The gray creature purred.

Immersed in contemplation, the guy did not even notice that someone else appeared on the roof. The gray cat blinked slowly at the long-awaited guest. The wind brought rose petals and swirled them in a dance. The guy turned. She saw his mesmerizing green eyes.