Chapter Seven : Cold Flame

I buried my face deep into my pillow, knowing once I removed it, the chains of my rationality would break, and I would give in to my urges.

 My skin crawled with the urge to go and see him, every part of me said not to go, but I had to. It was like that weird pain from before was back, I felt so light headed. It was as if my body knew I was going to leave.

I just needed to say goodbye before we left. It may be the last time we see each other, and it may be for the best, I think he is a dark magic user...

Groaning, I swiftly moved from under the warm covers of the bed and turned on my bedside lamp. I felt numb, it was an odd feeling... I chucked on the outfit I had prepared for the journey home and grabbed a pair of flats and left my room. 

Everything was already packed so I didn't need to stress out when I got back. I just needed to be in one piece. 

I began to head towards the area in the castle where he was staying, it was far away from everyone else, it was very isolated.

The night air was crisp against my body, I shuddered under the moonlight as I walked through the courtyard of the palace, nodding to the guards as I did so. They seemed half asleep, must be boring to be a guard, an off duty knight. 

I entered the tall building and just got to his door, which was slightly ajar. Inside I could hear different voices and my mind went to places they shouldn't have.

But how could I not?

After what happened with Sky, I'm still a bit shaken up. I sighed, knowing I shouldn't do this, but I did, who could blame me?

I moved slowly closer to the door and heard him talking to what seemed to be another woman. My stomach twisted into knots, and my heart dropped, could he be...?

No! Don't jump to conclusions like that, it's not like you're together anyways...

Her voice was vaguely familiar and cold, yet I couldn't place it. It sent chills down my spine,my eyes widened.

"Well, ensure everything is ready for my return. Everything is under control here. I do believe I have met those you have spoken about briefly" Valtor snapped in a strict and dark voice which made me shudder. 

This  isn't the Valtor I know...

"Leave it to us" The voice statically replied, I knew the voice, ugh! I couldn't place it...

"Well, I must be going. We have got a long few weeks ahead of us" He grimly said, and I heard the click of his phone.

"Bloom, do you forget that I can feel your presence?" He quickly appeared at the door, scooping me into his arms, a smile on his face.

The entire atmosphere changed, it went from dark and evil to a bright happy one... Weird.

At that moment everything felt surreal. I laughed at how stupid I was.

"I'm sorry! I didn't want to be impolite and disrupt you, so I waited, but you found me!" I laughed sheepishly. To say I was embarrassed was an understatement.

"No need to apologize princess. I must ask though, what are you doing up at this hour?" He asked, as he pulled me into his room and plopped us onto his soft bed. His room was light by purple candles, and the  news was playing on his television, with the volume down. 

I couldn't see his face clearly, he looked a little unnerving...

"To be honest, I couldn't stop thinking about you and I couldn't sleep" I sighed, falling backwards, and landing on the bed with a small 'poof'