Chapter Ten: Conflicted Flame

I turned, looking around blindly. He was not there but his voice was loud and clear?

And walked away from the girls, who were still discussing the plan,

"Val?" I softly whispered, quiet enough for the others to not hear

"Bloom. You left so suddenly. I had to come after you" He replied, his voice sounding caring and soft, yet it also held a tone of anger. I shivered, did I anger him?

A cool wisp of wind entangled my hair, the girls were still talking, yet I was too interested with what Val had to say

"How did you know I was here?" I asked suspiciously, glancing around, The weather continued to get worse

"I, I just know things" He replied, quieter than before, he sounded all nervous

"Val, where are you? I want to see you" I told him. I couldn't brush away the feeling of uneasiness...

"You'll have to come and find me"

✣✤✣✤

"Bloom? Are you listening?" Tecna snapped her fingers infront of my face, as she placed her phone back in her pocket, sighing.

I snapped back into reality as rain began to pick at the ground, making us all groan

"Yes! I'm all ears" I replied in a wobbly voice, tuning back in to their conversation

"Good" Musa stated. "Stella and the boys have been given permission to come and aid us here. They will be arriving shortly." She added, picking up a rock and throwing it about

Oh yeah, I forgot. Stell had stayed behind to look after Kiko, something about sea water and makeup didn't mix well....

"Bloom, since you are the strongest of us here, we were thinking, could you go and search the caves for something? and we will look above ground here." Aisha asked. "Why of course, anything I can do to help, I'll do it"

I began to walk in the direction of the caves when everyone came over and we had a huge group hug. "You guys stay safe, okay?" I scolded, "Yes Bloom, and you too" Flora sweetly smiled, waving me off.

✣✤✣✤

I shivered as I walked deeper and deeper into the cave system of Andros. It was very dark and old.

"Hold on a moment!" I shouted, alarmed at noticing something odd. "I've been past hear already! I've been going in circles!" I groaned, rubbing my face with my damp hands

I sighed, leaning against the cold, damp wall. By now Stella and the boys would be here. I suppose sky would be too, with his lovey dovey flame Diaspro. Yuck.

"I am so lost. I cannot believe this" I cried as I heard thumping coming from above me. I could hear the others battle cries. They must be fighting more of this Baltor guys minions.

Finally, I found a tranquil area of the caves, a small pool of water that looked like a gateway. I let out a long breath, thinking everything over. until..

"Bloom" Echoed his voice, creating a stir on the waters edge

"Val! I'm lost in the cave system. Please help me" I almost begged. It was getting darker and I needed to aid my friends.

"Fear not princess. I will send my flame to lead you to me, alright?" He replied

"mhm" I mustered, as I sat, awaiting the burn of his flame.

✣✤✣✤

After a few minutes being engulfed in darkness, there was a faint light at the end of the tunnel.

Butterflies erupted at the sight of his flame. A large yet dark flame with orange and purple embers travelled towards me.

I slowly and softly let out my hand, to which the flame stopped upon, burning brightly.

"Follow it, it will lead you to me" he rasped out through the flame,

Panic bloomed in me, maybe he too was lost or being attacked my Baltors minions?

Me and the flame Soared through the tunnels and caves, soon there was a light, a bright light at the entrance of the caves. A wide smile broke out upon my face.

And one on his aswell. He began to walk towards me, his arms outstretched, ready to hug me, when my smile was no more,

As soon as my eyes laid upon him again, a bolt of light, music and water struck him, knocking him into the floor, creating cracks along the beautiful marble floor. why are they attacking innocent people?

i felt tears sting at my eyes as his flame moved from my hand back into his body

"Val!" I screamed, almost tripping as I rush at the speed of light towards him.

My arms go numb against his limp body as I lift him to lean on my chest.

Now I had no doubt that val wasn't a bad person. He was just attacked! By the Winx aswell!

"Val, Val. Open your eyes!" I cried, grasping his face. My hand gently caressed his cheek, feeling the flame on my fingertips.

Vals eyes slowly fluttered back open, and he gave her a small, yet tired looking smile.

His clothes were all ripped, his face and arms bruised, his hair an unkempt mess.

"What have they done!" I cried, bringing my cheek to his.

I turned his body to face mine, graspinf his cheek, and passionately placed my lips against his.

Sparks of embers flew off us and into the wind. Our flames pounded fiercely in our chests as i felt our weight become lighter.

I felt my dragon burn out of my body and his own do the same.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder harshly, like he was gripping it. I felt a burning sensation in my shoulder, but I think that's just because we were burning anyways, but this burn felt.... different?

I finally peeled my eyes away, my eyes widening. Our bodies were glowing, a dark red and purple.

We began to burn and smoke. Yet that all ended when Val came to his senses.

His eyes snapped open, noticing we were burning, and pushed me away.

I just couldn't move....

He lifted me into his arms, and twirled me around like he had no other care in the world.

"Nice to see you, princess" He laughed,

He laughed until he turned us around, then there was silence.

There stood Flora, Aisha, Tecna, Stella and Musa. They all appeared to be gobsmacked.

"Bloom! Get away from that monster!" Stella shouted, everyone else still seemed to be in shock

"He isn't a monster! What do you mean?" I yelled, and felt Vals grip tighten around my waist

"We knew he looker familiar! But we never had expected this" Aisha cried,

"What do you mean? What's going on?" I nervously asked, getting out of his arms and moving closer to the girls,

"Bloom! That man you just kissed is Baltor!"