1

With the 2021 season over and post season testing in Abu Dhabi finished, Marcus took the first chance he had in a year to head back home to Christchurch to see his friends and family

Christmas was just two weeks away and the Ferrari Academy driver was excited to spend it with his family.

One of his friends, Jay, had volunteered to pick him up from the airport so he could surprise his family after telling them he couldn't be home until Christmas week at least.

"Your mum is gonna lose it when she sees you." Jay spoke as the two arrived outside of Marcus' family home.

"I know. I can't wait." Marcus replied with a smile on his face.

The pair got out of the car and made their way up to the front door. Jay went first, knocking, while Marcus stood on the side out of sight.

"Jay? Hello? Is everything okay?" The voice of Marcus' mother, Angelique, spoke as she opened the door to see her oldest son's best friend.

"Hi Mrs Armstrong. Yeh everything is fine. I just wanted to drop this off." Jay said before stepping back allowing Marcus to step in front of the doorway.

"Oh my god." The woman exclaimed before launching herself towards her son, pulling him into a home cruising hug.

"Mum, I love you, but I can't breath." Marcus spoke after hugging his mother.

"Sorry." The older woman said as she took a step back letting her oldest son out of her grip. "What are you doing here? I thought you weren't coming home for another two week."

"I decided to surprise you guys." Marcus replied with a smile.

"Who's at the door?" The voice of Marcus' younger brother, Moses, asked as he appeared behind his mother. "Marcus."

The younger boy launched himself into the arms of his older brother. The pair were extremely close even after Marcus moved to Europe for his karting all those years ago.

"Hey man." Marcus said as they pulled away.

"You're back?" Moses wondered looking up at his older brother.

"Yeh. Well, for winter break anyway." Marcus spoke with a smile.

"Well come in. Come in." Angelique told her oldest son as she stepped aside inviting him back into his childhood home.

—————

Ava skipped down the stairs of her family home in New Zealand, after spending most of the year away in England working she was finally back home for a few weeks for Christmas and New Year.