2

A few days later it was Christmas week and Christmas Eve was only four days away as Ava was walking around the supermarket doing some of the Christmas food shopping for her mother.

Ava was pushing the trolley around with a list in her hand when she heard a familiar laugh causing her to turn around.

Standing with a basket full of junk food was Marcus and his friends Jay and Connor. They were laughing at something Marcus said while looking at the stuff in the basket.

Marcus felt someone staring at him causing him to look around at the source of the stare when his eyes fell on Ava standing a few feet away.

"Hey." Marcus called out with a smile as he waved at her.

Ava waved back in reply before Marcus handed the basket over to Jay and walked over towards Ava.

"What ya doing?" Marcus wondered as he looked into the trolley she was pushing around.

"Just some of the Christmas shopping for mum while she's working." Ava explained as she gestured to the trolley.

"Oh cool." Marcus nodded in reply before glancing back at his friends. "Hey, you wanna come out on the boat with us?"

"Oh no. Thanks though. You should catch up with the boys after being away for the year." Ava shook her head.

"No. Come on. The boys love having you around too. Come on, Ava. We haven't seen each other since you were in France over the summer." Marcus reminded her causing her to shake her head and laugh at the memories.

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude." The brown hair girl told him.

"Yes. Come on. Finish what you're doing and drop it home and I'll pick you up in an hour." Marcus replied with a smile.

"Okay. Thanks. See you then." Ava smiled back at him before continuing on with her shopping.

"What was that about?" Connor wondered as Marcus arrived back.

"What? Oh nothing. I just invited Ava out on the boat with us." Marcus told them before going to take the basket back.

"Oh did you now?" Jay asked with a smile on his face.

"Yeh? Is that okay?" Marcus spoke as they walked towards the alcohol section.

"Yeh. We love spending time with you're girlfriend." Connor joked causing Marcus to roll his eyes in reply.

The two boys loved teasing him about Ava. No matter how much he explained that they were just friends the boys never believed him.

—————

After spending the day with Marcus and his friends on the boat, the sun was now setting as the pair were heading back home with Marcus driving.

The weather was warm so they had the windows down as the radio played music Ava tapped her finger along to the song on the door of Marcus's car.

"So care to tell me where you'll be racing next year?" Ava wondered with curiosity getting the better of her.

Marcus had posted on instagram after the F2 season ended thanking DAMS for everything and then went on to test for Hitech in post season testing.