1978 ad

"Sersi!" Isis calls out the name, and her voice travels down the cobblestone sidewalk.

The woman in the green peacoat stops in her tracks. She looks cautiously over her shoulder, unable to believe the voice coming from behind her. 

"Isis?" she asks.

"Long time no see," Isis whispers, the tears already forming in her eyes.

Sersi immediately walks over to give her a hug; the Eternals hold on tight to each other as the sea of London pedestrians parts around them. Finally, Sersi breaks away to get her first good look at Isis in nearly 500 years.

"You haven't changed at all," she comments with a warm smile.

"And neither have you," Isis replies, returning the smile.

"Come on," Sersi says. "Let's get out of this cold. I'm sure we have a lot to catch up on."

◦ ◦ ◦

"I'll admit that I'm a little hurt you didn't come to visit me first," Sersi remarks, setting down two cups of hot tea at the dining table. Her apartment is dim, but it still feels like a home.

Isis pulls a cup towards her, a small look of guilt on her face. "Sorry. I promise it wasn't intentional."

Sersi gently rests a hand over Isis' wrist as she takes a seat beside her. "I'm only kidding. It's nice to see you again."

"And you," Isis glances at her with a small smile.

"So... What brings you to London?"

"Well, I was catching up with Sprite and Kingo for some time in Macedonia, but we had a falling out of sorts. Before we parted ways, they mentioned that you and Ikaris live in London, which happened to be the closest to Macedonia out of everyone else."

"You said you were with them for a few years?"

"Mhm."

"And Druig? Where is he?" Sersi's eyes dart up from her tea to catch a glimpse of Isis' expression.

Isis had hoped that maybe, just maybe, the conversation would have lasted a little bit longer without a mention of his name. Still, she doesn't blame Sersi for the curiosity.

"I believe he's still in the Amazon. Where I left him."

"And that was when?"

"52 years ago," she answers without hesitation. "I haven't seen him since."

"Oh."

They're quiet for some time, but the silence speaks for them.

"May I ask what happened? Between you and Druig?" Sersi says with caution.

"I..." Isis holds her own breath. In truth, it's been awhile since she last talked about what happened. Despite spending many years with Kingo and Sprite and then even more years with Thena and Gilgamesh prior to that, none of them ever pried. Maybe one look at her face when they mentioned his name was enough to tell them everything that they needed to know. The last time she did explain herself was when she went to Ajak, just after she had left the garden in the first place. Since then, her memories of the garden have gotten muddy, whether by intention or by happenstance.