what about movie night?

October 23rd, 1998

    She played with his hair, sitting across his lap. His face was so close to her's, his smile so big, so bright. Their laughter was only for each other as they whispered to each other, sweet nothings. One of his hands wrapped around her shoulder the other playing with her hand in his lap. He kissed her, once, twice, three times —

    "Liv if you stare any harder you may burn a hole into her skull." Billy nudged her. She gave Stu and Ashley one more glance before turning her gaze back down to her books.

    "Don't say anything." She pointed a finger up at the boy. "I just zoned out." She looked at Billy. His lips were quirked upward.

    "You're a terrible liar." Billy flipped a page in his textbook and pulled out a pencil. She nudged him gently with her hand.

    "It's just," She fought the urge to look back over at them. "They're on top of each other in freaking public." She grimaced. "It's gross."

    "Jamie and I kiss in public," Billy said.

    "Well, that's different." She closed her eyes and lifted her head up, she let a sigh out. The sky was cloudless and the sun was at its peak. That was one of her favorite parts of the day.

    "You know there is this thing called communicating, you could go talk to him if Ashley bothers you so much," Billy said.

    She thought about that several times. But what that would get her? A relationship? She was not the best at those. Besides when Ashley wasn't around everything was fine. No, she'd stick to being free, just a bit longer, even if it was torture at times.

    The quad was busy during the afternoon. Footballs and freebies were being thrown around. Some were laying out on blankets and a few people sat on benches talking. In the far right corner, a group of theatre kids was practicing a play and in the dead center, there were a few clubs promoting themselves.

    Liv was trying to be less paranoid. Especially since the copycat killer calls stopped immediately after Paul was thrown in jail. But this was the week that the movie Stab was coming out. It would premier state-wide tomorrow. She was surprised that Billy, Stu, and Jamie were so cool about it. Gale Weathers had been going on press tours with Cotton Weary. People looked at the trio weirdly, everyone was talking about it.

    And there was Stu and his new fling with Ashley. She was surprised when it happened, hurt even. Especially because Ashley Winters was the girl who Paul had played with only a month ago. She had been caught off guard, after promising to be more open with him, she got comfortable trusting someone. Quickly she was reminded why she kept her guard up.

    "Stu and I are just friends." She glanced down at her watch. "Jamie and Derick should've been out of class by now."

    Billy's smile fell and he shook his head. "I can't stand that fucker." He said. "I don't know how you tolerate him."

    "He's nice when you get to know him." Liz shrugged. "Besides it's not like I have to marry him. He's just a friend."

    "Uh-huh," Billy said under his breath.

    "Hey, little Olive." Stu's voice made Liz immediately tense up. She hated that was the reaction she felt now. She turned on her heel, he was smiling big, his blue eyes sparkling. His arm was wrapped up in an anaconda grip. Ashley's arms were tugging him close. She could swear his hand was turning purple. "We didn't see you guys over here man. Or we would've been hanging over here." He dusted the bench off and gestured for Ashley to sit down, "Milady."