Wonder

It'd been a few days since Gon's talk with Kurapika. His mind kept repeating the words, 'tough home' whenever it got the chance to. Gon desperately wanted to know what those words meant, but reminding someone of trauma can be very traumatizing in itself, you know.

He knew that first hand. He was a fighter himself, growing up in a tough neighborhood provoked the action even more. Fighting was just in his blood, in his genes, he couldn't escape it, even if he so desperately tried to. But that's a story for another time.

His left arm hung off of the couch, his left leg, resting straight out on the couch. His right arm at his side and his left, swinging over the head of the couch. An interesting position indeed.

Killua walked in and walked over to the couch, not knowing that Gon was there. But, when he did notice him, he howled in laughter. "W-Why are you hanging of the couch l-like that?" Killua asked, wiping the tears that threatened to escape from his eyes.

"Because I'm bored." Gon replied.

"You're bored, so you decided to sit in this interesting position?" Killua clarified. Gon nodded. Killua laughed more and pulled out his phone. "I have got to get a picture of this."

Killua went to his camera app and snapped a picture of Gon's interesting position. "Okay, I'm sorry." Killua took in a deep breath. "I'm done."

"I talked to Kurapika yesterday." Gon mindlessly stated.

"You and Kurapika are friends?" Killua asked, sitting on the couch beside Gon.

"Did I never tell you that?" Gon asked.

"I don't think so. But, it's cool that you're friends, Kurapika is a really cool dude." Killua said, running his hand through his hair. "So, what did you two talk about?"

Gon thought for a second. He couldn't tell Killua that they were talking about him. That's the last thing he'd do. He didn't have good control over his words, so he'd probably slip up and end up asking about Killua's tough home situation. Today just wasn't that day.

"Nothing really. Just school and stuff." Gon replied, shrugging the best way he could in the awkward position he was in.

"Kurapika talked to you... about school?" Killua repeated.

"More like I talked to him about it and he just listened." Gon chuckled.

"Yeah, that makes more sense." Killua said, standing up and walking to the door, "You want anything? I'm going to the cafe."

"No, I'm fine. Thank you."

"Suit yourself." Killua shrugged, as he walked out of the door.

Killua didn't necessarily lie about going to the cafe, but he was planning to take a detour before he went to the cafe, to go see Kurapika and force the truth out of him.

"Pika."

"Hm? Oh, hey." Kurapika said, turning to the next page in his book.

"Playing the hard game, I see." Killua chuckled, rubbing his hand over his forehead.

"Like I'd ever play a game with you." Kurapika scoffed.

Killua walked behind the counter placed his finger under Kurapika's chin. "Is that a challenge?"

"No." Kurapika said, pushing Killua's hand away.

"Let's play a game, Kurapika." Killua said, placing both of his palms onto Kurapika's knees and leaning towards his face.

"Fuck. No." Kurapika said, pushing Killua away.

Killua stumbled and hit the wall, he rubbed the back of his head and groaned from the sudden pain. "Fucking rough, asshole." He grumbled.