Chapter 1

Only a wingman

   "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I thought. I mindlessly paced around my room, mind a mess and the feeling of panic surging through my body like the aftermath of a panic attack that never really subsides. My head felt like it was running 100miles per hour but kept going blank. It was as if I was going through all stages of grief on loop but still screeched and scratched the surface like a broken record.

The feeling of wanting to barge into his room and blow him to pieces, only because of the fact he fell in love with another got more tempting as I paced more around my room. I couldn't cry, I wouldn't cry. I swore I wouldn't cry in these dorm rooms, I promised myself. Crying in front of All Might was the last and final time I embarrass myself because of some stupid emotions.

Stupid emotions.. Stupid emotions that I feel for my red head best friend whom doesn't even reciprocate the same ones. Only platonic, never romantic.

But.. It wasn't Kirishimas fault, but why did it make me want to hate him? It wasn't his fault that I feel this way, he has a right to like other people. Its not like I'm anyone to him, I'm only a friend and that's it. Nothing less, nothing more. I should be content with that, but why can't I? Why can't I be happy for him, to support him fully, not just with a fake demeanor that I can't even drop when I'm alone with him in the comfort in my own dorm.

Maybe thats why. I'm an arrogant asshole, I'm not suprised why he chose her. She's fun, supportive, chaotic but in a good way, all-in-all a good friend. One that I am not. I'm only here to become a hero. So why must I feel so attached? I shouldn't be attached!

I should be focusing on my studies and trainings, not sitting here moping. But it hurts so much.

It hurts to know that I couldn't make Kirishima feel the same way I feel for him, the way I want him to feel for me. The feeling of wanting to be with them, all day, everyday. The wanting to never leave their side. The feeling when you have to be apart.

But, I guess its not all good when you are apart. But in my case, it felt like another door closed.

...

Kirishima was at the door, contemplating if he should knock or not. He's been thinking about what he should do all afternoon. He's been brainstorming ideas on how he should ask her, "her" being Mina, his crush, out. He's fallen deep into a bottomless pit of love and wanting for Mina. Mina and him have gotten close over break.

They would face time each other, call, text, go over to each others houses, anything to stay in contact. They, in the process, have slightly pushed there friends away in doing so but to them it didn't matter. As long as they had each other then they were content.

So, in knowing this, Kirishima sucks at confessing. Reason being why he never had gotten in a real relationship, he's never had the guts to ask a girl out. Another reason being because of his reputation in elementary and middle school but those were for other reasons that weren't relevant to the situation at hand.

Kirishima has thought of every possible situation that could go down if he chose to confess to his crush, Mina. Most not doing well, which put him in a loop because he thought that Mina could have reciprocated at least some of his feelings but he couldn't be to certain, wouldn't want to be let down. He couldn't handle it, he wouldn't know how he would recover, or how he would continue their friendship without the awkwardness.

So, he thought to ask his best friend, Bakugo. Surely Bakugo could help somewhat, or atleast help with encouragement, even if it may be harsh. It was his choice to reach out so he was prepared with enduring the consequences, which would possibly have to experience Bakugos wrath.