11

"Evelyn! Come help me clean this up!" my mom yelled from the living room. I sighed and turned off macie's stream. I got off my bed and headed into the living room, where mom was sweeping up some broken glass. Looks like she knocked the vase off the counter. Another one.

   I knelt down and started picking up the bigger pieces of glass. "so, Eve-" I gave her a glare. "Evelyn, have you thought about getting a place of your own?"

Could you ask any more bluntly?

"Uh, yeah." It definitely wasn't a lie. I thought about it all the time, actually. It would be nice to have my own place to not have a bunch of fragile and breakable decorations. No, seriously, though. It would be nice to get away from my parents, no matter how disrespectful that sounds. And it seemed that they wanted me out, too, which I can understand. With my new role in the dream smp, and all the streaming with both Macie and Tommy, my streams have become much more exciting and loud. Lots of screaming. And I usually streamed at night, since that's what worked for most of the others in their time zones. I kind of felt sorry for my parents. From what i've heard from Macie, shes having the same problem.

"The apartments on the east side of town have gone down on price, I noticed." My mom swept the glass into the dustpan.

Ew. The east.

   Mom must have noticed me scrunch up my nose because then she said, "Well, anywhere else, they're expensive."

"Mom, you're forgetting, im a streamer. I stay inside all day, and barely eat. All Id be paying for is rent and the few groceries Id need."

   She gave me an unimpressed grunt and went to put the glass in the garbage.

   See, its not that my parents hated my career choice, theyd just rather me choose something else, and now streaming was more important than ever, since I was on the dream smp. That meant more time spent trying to get better at Minecraft, more streams, more joining and playing with the other members in their streams, etc,.

     I just couldn't wait to get out of this house, out of this town, even. I sat on the couch and thought of where id like to live. California, Arizona, north Carolina, florida, Canada, united kingdom. . . what about florida? That's where dream and sapnap live. Itd be awesome to live in the same state as them, as dream.

   Just out of curiosity, after throwing the glass away, I went to my room and looked up apartments in Orlando, florida.

          ******

Me
So
What do you think abt living in florida?

Maybay
Uhhh wdym

Me
Like what if we got an apartment in florida?

Maybay
Thatd be cool
Its warm all the time
WAIT

Me
What?

Maybay
DREAM LIVES IN FLORID RIGHT?
Sorry caps

Me
Yes he does
What abt it?

Maybay
You wanna move to florida bc of ur bf?

Me
1 hes not my bf
2 no that's not the only reason

Maybay
Uh huh
I mean but yeah id like to live in florida
My parents might not let me though since its so far away

Me
We'll convince them
Im almost 20, I can literally adopt you

Maybay
Yes
Adopt me
No but like idk if they'll let me go to florida