4

A few weeks before the last chapter.

In the small town on the small street in the most crime-ridden neighborhood around. In small neighborhoods like this, it's hard to not know everybody. the old lady down by the store, lost her husband a year back. Her kids didn't come to visit. Tony from the deli, he's been shot more than a deli worker should, but that's just because he's stubborn

"The day I let one of these prissy little brats rob me is the day I die."

Needless to say, he's kept the promise. One of the Nelson's just graduated Something about being a lawyer. Steve has been going to the old gym late at night. Rumor has it Fogwell gave him a key. A few months back Peter might have thought about breaking in to ask about training.

See it's not hard to know a lot of people. This means it's especially not hard for a lot of people to know you. especially on this side of the Kitchen. Everybody knows all the orphans. and the Sisters. and the Father. They know all the tragedy that brought these kids to the orphanage.

It was kinda comforting. They all helped him out occasionally. told him a story let him sit in to escape sister Maggie.

He didn't have that at school. He took a pretty bus to the pretty inner city with all the rich kids and their self absorbed ways. There Peter is just the poor kid from Hell's kitchen. the kid who can't afford most of the field trips. Well, of course, he can't afford it the church can only do so much. He doesn't think if the entirety of the kitchen pitched in he'd be able to go to these ridiculous trips.

So Peter sat there paper thrown in his hair looking down at the most recent field trip slip.

"Oscorp: Genetic Engineering and research lab;

on 5/20 the class of Anatomy&Physiology will be taking a trip to Oscorps local facility..."

He kept skimming the page waiting for the price number.

"Scholarship opportunity available:

Submit your class list to college and career center by 5/10

Parent/Guardian_________________ Date_________"

Huh, maybe things were getting better for Peter.

There's a discord for this series and my other stories in the works. (It has some p good writers on it FYI) comment if you want a link