three

Jisung had slept in for most of the day. He had been up until dawn with Minho. He knew he needed to rest, but he was enthralled in his game of 20 Questions with his housemate.

It was actually more like 5,000 questions and he was doing all the asking - with very little answers in return. But it was still fun for him though. For Minho... not so much.

He made his way to the kitchen to make an evening breakfast. He mixed the batter for the pancakes and whipped up some scrambled eggs.

While he had turned towards the stove to flip his pancakes, he heard a loud shatter and felt a sharp stinging sensation as glass shards of his mixing bowl hit his feet.

He grinned. "Good morning to you too, Minho." He then heard a low growl and a muttered "damn it" from somewhere down the hall.

After cleaning up the mess that Minho made and bandaging the cuts on his feet, he set two plates on the dining room table. "Minho?" He shouted down the hall. But no one responded.

He made his way upstairs. "Minho, are you up here?" Again, no response.

"Minhooooo!" He walked through the house yelling for his roommate.

He shouted one more time from the top of the stairs. "Minhoooooo!"

"What the fuck do you want?!" Minho appeared behind him suddenly.

Jisung gasped, losing his footing on the step of the stairs and began to fall in slow motion. He braced himself for the painful tumble down the stairs that he would face—but it never came.

The next thing he knew, he was in Minho's arms at the end of the staircase. He let out a deep exhale. "How did you get from there to here so quickly..."

The demon rolled his eyes at him. He threw Jisung down and crossed his arms. "Speak up. What do you want, human?"

Jisung stood up, brushing the dust off of his pants. He cleared his throat. "I made breakfast. Well, technically, it's dinner, but it's pancakes. I don't know if you even like pancakes, but we're roomies now, so I thought-"

"Stop calling me your roommate."

In his many years of death, Minho had never came across someone so frustrating. He had always done the chasing, but these days it seemed that he was the one doing the running.

The only problem was that he was bound to stay in this house and Jisung was around every corner. Now, who was haunting who?

This was worse than hell. Minho knew—since he had been there.

To be continued...