seventy-three

"We should resume our date," Minho grinned and took Jisung's hand to lead him out of the alley. "What do you want to do? There are tons of rides and games we haven't tried yet."

They returned to the busy streets of the amusement park, loud laughter and music reaching their ears.

The atmosphere was cheerful, bright, and Jisung found himself enjoying it. Letting his eyes move over the area, he was unsure where he wanted to go now.

"I don't know. Why don't you decide?" He asked.

"Fine. Come with me." Minho remembered something he had seen earlier that he wanted to try. 

They walked hand in hand across the streets and he brought Jisung to an area with many souvenir shops, but those were what he was interested in.

He walked on to where the game stalls were. They were decorated with prizes that the players could win. He picked the game with balloons and darts, and Jisung smiled amusedly at him.

Jisung didn't want to try since he was rather bad at these kinds of games, so he watched Minho play instead.

Minho narrowed his eyes as he concentrated on hitting one of the balloons, raising his arm and throwing the dart. It got stuck in the wall without hitting anything.

He clicked his tongue and took the next dart, this time aiming a little higher before he threw it. Again, he missed. "Fuck this," he growled, particles of red appearing in his iris.

Jisung watched him with wide eyes as he threw the next dart with inhuman force. It hit a balloon, but since he'd used too much of his supernatural strength, the dart snapped.

His smile froze on his face when he noticed the horrified expression of the elderly woman running the stall.

Minho, however, didn't see anything but his targets and took the next dart, aggressively hurling it towards the wall with the balloons.

He didn't hit any of them, but he managed to break the dart as well. He gritted his teeth and took the last remaining dart, glaring at the balloons as if he wanted to destroy them by force. 

Unsurprisingly, he broke this dart too when it missed the balloons and hit the wall...

"I want another round," he grumbled and glared daggers at the woman running the stall. She was sweating nervously, her gaze moving from the demon, to Jisung, and back.

"W-Well," she stuttered. "If you continue to destroy my darts, I soon won't have any left."

"I said, I want another round." He persisted, lowering his voice.

"How about this—you get to choose any prize you want if you just leave afterwards?"

Minho was about to open his mouth and throw a fit, but Jisung was faster than him. "That's great, thank you so much!" He said politely and nudged Minho with his elbow. "Come on, pick your prize!"

Minho frowned, unhappy that he didn't get his chance to win, but he didn't complain anymore and picked one of the prizes. The elderly woman was more than happy to hand it over to get rid of him.

As they walked away, Minho looked at Jisung from the corner or his eyes before he held out the prize to him. "It's yours," he said.

"Really?" He sputtered and took the cute little plushie. It was a round kitty with small ears and big eyes. Its soft fur was yellow and reminded him of Mochi.

"Thank you. It's cute," he beamed and hugged the cat to his chest. "I'll treasure it."

"I figured you'd like it," he mumbled as they walked on. He grinned when he saw Jisung's happy expression. It was fascinating to him that he was able to find joy in the smallest things.

To be continued...