Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Ignored

I was quiet the whole ride. I could feel his glances every now and then but I chose to stay silent. I could also feel that he wanted to say something but in the end, he'll just clench his jaw and keep his mouth shut. I didn't want to say something too, because first of all, I didn't know what he meant by that.

He didn't want me to go to the club alone... for his peace of mind?

Why would my appearance at the club bother him?

I glanced at him once when I was sure that he was looking in front of the road. The veins in his arms were very evident as he gripped the steering wheel tightly. His jaw clenched too, and his eyes stared darkly at the road ahead.

The lights from the buildings we passed by reflected on his pitch-dark eyes. His face suddenly turned to me, and I immediately looked away.

My fingers played with the hem of Bright's jacket. I am wearing it now and I can't help but smell his scent on this. I'm sure that even if I remove this, I smell like him now.

"Mew is not answering his phone," he said when we got out of his car. A valet walked up to him and he immediately gave him his car keys. "I'll try contacting Tay."

Even though we were still outside, I could hear the loud music and chants of people from the inside. I checked my phone. Gulf is not responding to my texts, too. I tried calling him earlier when we were already near but he wasn't picking up my calls still.

"Shit. Not answering," he said. He turned to me and stared at me intently. "Let's just go inside. I'm sure we'll find them there..."

I nodded at him and we both went inside the club. The smell of booze and cigarette immediately attacked my nose. And because it was almost midnight, the party is already at its peak. A lot of people were on the dancefloor, jumping through the loud electronic dance music being played by the DJ up on the stage. Most of them were holding a cup of beer or alcohol in their hands as they danced. Most of them looked drunk already. Some are aggressively kissing, while some are doing... even more.

"They're not on the dancefloor," I said to Bright. I was almost shouting it to him because we can't hear each other due to the blasting music. 

He did a quick scan of the dancefloor too and nodded. He looked at me, "Maybe they're upstairs."

One thing I didn't really like about clubs is because it's always so crowded. Almost everyone's movements are free and big, and sometimes, they won't even care if they accidentally hit someone especially if they are already drunk. 

"Oops! Sorry!" A girl laughed when she accidentally stepped on me. She was dancing with someone else and didn't notice that I was behind her. I gritted my teeth when I felt a pang of pain on my foot. Her high heels were very pointed that I won't even be surprised if my foot will bruise.

"You should've watched where you're going," she added and smirked at me before sipping on her drink.

I stopped walking and creased my forehead at her. I am watching where I am going. She's the one who is recklessly dancing and not minding what's happening around her.

"Win?" I heard Bright. "What's happening here?"

"O-Oh!" the girl suddenly changed her expression when she saw Bright. "Bright? Vachirawit? Oh my, it's been so long!"

He turned to the woman in front of us and tilted his head. "Elle? Oh! Hi..."

So... they know each other.

The woman pouted her lips, "Elle?" she asked in a mocking tone. "Since when did you stop calling me darling?" 

Bright's lips awed a little and he suddenly looked at me. My face remained blank but I looked away. I wanted to leave already to give them space and time to catch up but I didn't know where Gulf and his friends are.