Chapter 18

Chapter 18
Meet

Remembering his words made me realize that in reality, we're really not that different.

The first few times I met Bright, the differences between our personalities and life were just very evident. He was outgoing, liberated, and a playboy, while I was silent, serious, and a loner.

But listening to him say those words made me realize that both of us had insecurities all along.

Me, I was scared of being in love. And Bright, no matter how confident he was with life, was afraid of love, too. I always thought that we were just too different. That between the two of us, I will have a harder time figuring this out.

Turns out, we're just the same. We're both scared. We like each other so much... that we're scared.

I smiled a little and touched the pendant of the necklace that he gave me. I should be worried because both of us are scared. I should be worried. But for some weird reason, I really am not. Maybe it's because Bright reassured me well that no matter what happens, we'll face everything together.

"God, that was fucking hell!" Gulf ranted beside me.

It was now Friday and our preliminary exams were now done. It was not that hard, but it was also not that easy. Even though I studied well, it still felt like my body and brain were drained after every exam.

We were walking towards the cafeteria because Gulf wanted to eat something. I didn't want to eat since I will be meeting with my dad later tonight for dinner, but our last exam really drained me. I used to love Math, but... damn Statistics.

"I think I deserve a drink after that shit," Gulf said as we both fell in line at the counter. "Should we go out?"

I frowned at him. "You know I'll be meeting with Dad later, right?"

"Oh, shit! Yeah, I forgot!" he sighed. Gulf really looked tired right now. I'm tired, too, but he just looked more exhausted. "Tomorrow, then? It's a Saturday."

I shook my head. "You know you can go out tonight without me, right?"

He pursed his lips. "Yeah... but it'll be boring."

"Why don't you invite Tay?"

Gulf suddenly stiffened. His eyes widened a bit and his mouth opened slightly as though he was about to say something, but decided not to. My forehead slowly creased at his reaction.

I didn't know where it all started, but... we were celebrating at the club when I noticed it. I didn't want to be assuming because I know that, for Gulf, it has always been Mew. But... for some reason... that night, Gulf got mad at Tay.

"What the fuck was that, Tawan!?" I heard Gulf yell that night.

We were sitting at a VIP table near the dancefloor. Bright was holding my hand and I was still high from the talk that we had a few hours ago. Tay just got back from the dancefloor while Gulf was here with us—he wasn't sitting, though. He was standing up, arms crossed and brows furrowed, while watching Tay dance with some guy.

I thought he was going to question why Bright and I were a bit late. He saw us holding hands when we entered the club but he didn't pay any attention to us. He only glanced at our hands and didn't say anything about it. Which was good, but also... weird.

"What?" Tay asked, a ghost of a smile plastered on his face. He smirked at us when he saw me and Bright holding hands while sitting at the table. He grabbed a glass of liquor and showed it to us as if he was making a toast. "Fucking finally, Bright! This is the end of your broken-hearted era!"