Practice

Colton's POV-

"Drop and give me twenty, Brown." Another twenty?

"But, coach I already did twenty." I whined and threw my arms up in the air.

"If you keep back talking me, I'll make you do push-ups the rest of practice."

"Yes, Coach." I drop down and do twenty push ups, the entire time my arms were burning and sweat was pouring down my face. 

Baseball practice, that's where I'm at. I don't even know why I'm doing push-ups right now or even why I'm here. One look into the stands, and then I knew. My older brother, Jacob Carter, he's one demanding rich bastard.

If it weren't for him, I could be doing some usual pre-teen stuff, but I have been in baseball since I was four years old. I've always enjoyed this sport. Sometimes I wish I wasn't good at this sport. If I weren't good at this Baseball, I wouldn't even be here.

Money can do many things. That's why no one says anything when they see my brother popping me around and all my whippings. It's absolute shit. I can't say anything because if I did, my brother would throw money in someone's face, and they would shut up. It's not Illegal, but it does hurt. I hate whippings, and I hate getting popped. 

After finishing my twentieth push-up, I looked up in the stands to see Jacob standing up. He walked down towards the coach and talked to him. Shit.

I stayed on the ground, only briefly watching Jacob and coach talk. "Brown, Come here." I stood up slowly, keeping my eyes fixated on the grass. I can't meet Jacob's eyes right now. I really can't. "Your brother wants to have a word with you. You can use my office, Jacob, Colton can show you." I mentally cringed when he said that I didn't want to be alone with him.

"Thank you, Davis. He'll be out with his best game." Jacob took my forearm and drugged me off the field. He didn't even ask me where the office was. I'm sure Jacob knew. He built this place.

Jacob roughly threw me into the room when we stepped into the office. Then he turned to lock the door. Shit, I'm in trouble, and I don't even know why.

"Sit your ass in that chair, now." I scrambled to sit in the chair and placed my hands in my lap. "Colton, I raised you better than to be hard-headed. You had to do two sets of twenty push-ups for what? Not listening to your coach—You look at me when I'm talking to you, boy. You've lost your manners as well. Look at me right now, Colton James Brown." Without even thinking twice, I looked up at my brother.

My eyes immediately fell back to the ground as I felt my brothers hand slightly popped my mouth. Tears stung my eyes as I brought my gaze back to Jacob. "I'm tired of you disrespecting me and and your Coach just because you can't listen. Do I need to take my belt off and give you a good whipping just for you to listen?" I had tears running down my face, and my palms were shaking in my lap I wasn't scared of my brother, I'm just very upset. I violently shook my head no. The last whipping I got, I couldn't sit right for a whole week, and I got yelled at by Coach because I couldn't run as well.

Jacob bent down in front of me and placed his hands on my knees. "Just because it's not me out there telling you what to do, doesn't mean you can't listen. I want you to be better than you already are. I want you to be the best version of yourself there is. I'm doing this because I love you and because I couldn't do this for myself. Now when you walk out of here, your head needs to be held high, and your tears need to be gone. You can stay in here as long as you need to collect yourself. " Jacob patted my knees and stood up. I went up with him. Jacob hugged my head and let me cry some more.