Servant Duties

Summary: You are a personal servant for Loki who just so happen to walk in on the Prince in need of some comforting.

.......

Being a personal servant to a member of the royal family was indeed a higher up role. The benefits were much better than those who just served the palace. You slept in a nicer quarters, your meals were nicer and hotter, and your clothes were usually a bit warmer than most. Very few got lucky enough to be in this position, and those who were not lucky were extremely envious. You truly did feel guilty for not being grateful for the role you've been given, but it was hard too when you were absolutely terrified of the man you were sworn to serve.

Ever so often when one of the servants becomes too old or too ill to continue with their services, a new one is picked. One of the servants girls had grown gravely ill a few weeks ago, and in turn another must step up to take her place. Those selected to serve a member of the royal family is hand picked by none other than the queen herself, no one knows why she chooses to do so when she could have literally any member of her court do it but she seems to take great joy in it and she is always kind.

You lined up with the other women who were chosen to be potential candidates. You were the youngest of them all, and in turn had been serving the palace for the least amount of time. But, you did work hard and it had not gone unnoticed. You weren't trying to impress anyone, but you did not mind your job and the task kept your mind off other things that would haunt you when the day would reach its end.

Queen Frigga walked by each women, studying as if she could see into each one of their minds. Who knows, maybe she could, she was known for her incredible sorcery after all. She made her way down the line until she reach where you were standing. Her gaze studied you from you feet to your head, you swallowed hard once she met your eyes. She gave you a small smile then took your hand in hers. "What's your name my dear?" She asked softly. You told her your name in nearly a whisper, heart pounding out of your chest.

"What a lovely name, come with me darling. The rest of your are dismissed, thank you for your time." Frigga says never leaving your gaze, the other ladies bow and hurry off, more than likely afraid she would change her mind. Your feet subconsciously followed her, as she lead you to another room. Your head was spinning, not really grasping what happened. She had chose you, you aren't really sure why and you wanted to be happy at this opportunity but your stomach felt like it was being twisted.

"I'll have some of the other ladies show you your new quarters and give you a new uniform. Once you have settled in they will give you a list and walk you through any questions you may have." she smiles and then makes her leave. You nod and bow goodbye to her, leaving you alone with another servant who had accompanied her.

She begins to walk you through the basics of everything, shows you your bed and your new uniform and gives you a list of things you'll be doing. "The Prince's quarters are down the main hall and on the left. Once you have changed make your way down there, no one has had a chance to freshen up his chambers yet, and he's due to be back at any moment." She explains. "Thank you, no one has told me which Prince I'll be serving." you say, terrified of the answer. You had heard the rumors, the whispers, the accusations. You prayed in your head for it to not be who you thought it was.

"Prince Loki." she says, and turns on her heels to leave.

The last few weeks have not been bad. The Prince has not been cruel, he has actually been quite kind even though he has not spoken to you much. You still feared him, afraid of the day you make a mistake and he releases his wrath on you, but you hoped all those rumors were not true.

As you make your way to his chambers this evening to freshen up before he returns you notice the door ajar, you slowly make your way inside and all the lights are out. "Hello, Prince Loki? Are you in here?" you announce. You slowly walk further inside, your heart felt like it was going to beat out of your chest and your palms were starting to sweat.