Chapter 1

TW! Suicide . Please, if you think this is triggering, I will provide a summary at the end. PLEASE DO NOT READ if you are even mildly uncomfortable. I would never want to be the reason someone gets triggered by something. I will insert a trigger warning at the triggering scen so others can read it more freely.

Chapter one 

No escape.

None.

After moving to Gotham, they had followed her.

Everywhere.

It was her fault, everything was.

That was a toxic way of thinking, and she knew that. But she didn't care.

She had always thought about it, but at first she pushed the thought away. That was selfish. Taking the easy way out.

Her parents couldn't bear to look at her.

She glanced down at her list

Reasons to Live:

-Friends

Crossed out.

-Ladybug

Crossed out.

-Parents

One last thing. One more thing to live for.

Even if they hadn't been the warmest ot her recently,

Maybe she was just being overdramatic. She had given the mircaulous back to Master Fu after Hawk Moth had been defeated, so Tikki wasn't with her anymore.

Her parents had decided to move her to gotham, in an attempt to "fix her behavior".

It was no use. Lila followed them.

"Marinette? Could you please come down here?" Her mom called.

She sighed and walked down the stairs.

"Yes?" Marinette asked, careful not to stumble upon the stairs.

"Given your current.. situation, your father and I have decided that it is best for you to explore for a bit."

She smiled falsely, as if this was good news.

Without so much as blinking, she turned around, but not before saying" I'll be moved out before the end of today."

She knew the real reason why they were, in essence, kicking her out, but she kept quiet as she walked back up the stairs.

Since the new house in Gotham was much different from the one in Paris, she could no longer view the city from her balcony.

That would be a problem.

She started writing a note, then paused. Why bother? No one on this earth cared anymore. They wouldn't benefit from a note.

She quickly wheeled her pink and black suitcase to the front door, ignoring the questions coming from her parents.

She was almost there. Wayne Tower. Marinette hadn't expected anyone to be there, as it was a Monday at noon, but it wouldn't matter anyway.

Finally. She was there. The wind was blowing through her midnight hair as she walked closer and closer to the edge.

She almost didn't notice the green-eyed boy looking at her curiously.

It was Robin.

He walked toward her.

"What are you doing?" He asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

He noticed her almost at the ledge.

The girl's eyes were hollow and empty, and she looked like she hadn't eaten in week. She was also shivering, and she wore a blank expression, whispering illegibly.

TW!!!

"Are you okay?" He asked, moving swiftly toward her.

"I will be." The girl responded, turning to look back at him.

Then she jumped, closing her eyes and smiling and she plummeted down.

Damian sprung into action, diving down and grabbing the girl and getting her to the ground safely. Whilst the girl was dizzy, he quickly changed out of his superhero gear.

He carried the girl bridal-style, looking at her with concerned eyes.

A tense silence filled the space between them when he put her down.

"Why?" She asked harshly.

"What was I supposed to do, let you die?" He asked, taken aback from the lack of emotion in her voice. She sounded like a robot.

"Where do you live?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"What I just said, where do you live?" He repeated the question, starting to feel a wave of frustration coming over him.

"Why?" She repeated the question and smirked.

Robin let out a frustrated sigh and glared at the girl.

"Come on. let's go!" He said, grabbing her wrist.

She flinched at the contact, something Damian took note of.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"With me, come on. "

The mystery girl's knees crumpled, and she would've hit her head on the hard concrete if not for Damian catching her.

Thanks." She huffed.

His eyes twinkled with amusement as he watched her struggle to force the words out.

"Don't hurt yourself."

It was almost laughable, how reluctant she was to speak to him.

He looked back at her to see her growing more and more pale by the second.

"Aren't you cold?" He asked.

She shivered.

"No."

Her lips were turning blue, and her skin was so pale it was almost gray.

"You're cold." He decided.

"No, I'm not."

Damian reached for his phone in his back pocket.

"Alfred? There's this girl I found, shes very cold at the moment, could you please pick us up? We're at.." Damian finished giving Alfred the details of their location and looked at the girl.

She was using the wall as a support stand.

"I told you, I'm fine. I don't need your help." She glared at him with surprising intensity.

"Why don't you just leave me alone and-"

She stumbled again, this time landing on the ground.

Damian helped her to her feet a second time, his concern growing. How one earth did she manage to make it to the top of the tower?

He glanced her, taking in her appearance.

"I'm not going to say thank you a second time if that's what you're wondering." The girl said rudely.

Damian scoffed, and looked away.

A light thud caused him to turn around.

The girl was on the ground, twitching and shaking violently.

HI guys! This chapter is a lot darker than what I usually write, but I decided to try something different and lots of you had been rqeusting it. hope you guys enjoy! 

Summary

Okay so basically what happened was Marinette tried to attempt yk what, and Robin saved her. SHe ended up alling on the ground an passing out.

ly all so so much,

-M