Chapter 5

Marinette turned over and looked at the clock.

3:56 AM.

There was no point in going back to sleep now, school started in a couple hours.

Careful to not wake up Tikki and the rest of the kwamis, she slipped out of the room to take a shower, purposefully taking as much times as possible.

Every since collège, she had gotten out of the habit of her usual tardiness, instead opting to get to school as early as possible. That was a habit she had intended to keep, especially in Gotham.

She had  already made macaroons the night before, so she did not have to worry about breakfast the morning of. Since Gotham had a school uniform,  there was no stress over an outfit, but since it was the first day, she decided to ditch her traditional pigtails for classic half up, half down, with a halo braid around the top. 

Ever since Paris, she had let her hair grow out, not having the energy to cut it. Her mighnight locks now reached mid- back.  She looked at the clock.

4:50 AM.

She had two hours left to kill, and decided to do that by walking to school rather than calling for a taxi.  

She grabbed Tikki, Fluff, and Pollen, just in case.

As Master Fu had explained to her, since she was the guardian-in-training, she could wear multiple miraculi at once, and it would not affect her as much as it would have before. She still remembered what happened with Kwami Buster. She had decided on wearing at least three whenever she went out in case someone discovered the Miracle Box. The likelihood of that was slim, but she wasn't about to take any chances. 

An additional discovery she had found out was that the Miraculous jewelry could  change its form. Even though Pollen's traditional form was a hair comb, she had shifted it into a ring. She had done the same with Wayzz's bracelet. 

She grabbed her phone to check the time.

6:40.

If she was planning on leaving, she would have to leave now.

She grabbed  backpack she had made, and threw in all of her spare notebooks.

Blend in.

~

Although violent threats were somewhat of a joke in Damian's household, some days he truly felt like executing them. 

First, Todd had woken him up early, then he had spilled some sort of juice all over his favorite Polo shirt uniform, 

Alfred had assured him that he would be able to wash it out, just not in time for school.

Very cross indeed, he made his way to the car as Todd continued his taunting before Grayson grabbed him by the collar and shoved him inside, shooting Damian an apologetic glance. Damian merely rolled his eyes and got in the car, but not before he saw the twinkle of amusement in Alfred's eyes.

Traitor.

When he had finally arrived at school, he felt a familiar scowl creep onto his face as he scanned the campus for Jon.

"Damian!" A voice called.

Jon immediately rushed to his side.

"Kent." He acknowledged.

They caught up with each other on the way to their first period class. It turned out that Jon had spent the summer as he typically did, nothing too exciting. His unfounded enthusiasm carried all the way into the classroom.