Chapter 4

Chapter 4 

Damian was already irritated. 

First, the press had caught him with that Marinette girl, and they were probably having a field day with that.

"Hey Demon Spawn, I see you've got yourself a girlfriend." Jason grinned.

"Todd. I will slit your throat in your sleep, or so help me-"

Alfred coughed, causing Damian's threats to be halted momentarily.

"Well, you've finally grown up, you have girlfriend!" 

His expression was murderous.

"Drake. Where's my katana?" 

Tim looked nervous.

"Um, Damian, why don't you just calm down and-"

"No."

When Damian got mad, instead of yelling, his voice would go ice-cold. You could feel the chill in his voice, and it would scare you senseless.

"Never mind, I don't need you, I'll kill him with my bare hands." 

Jason sprinted down the hall with Damian in hot pursuit, whispering threats becoming increasingly more violent.

As predicted, Damian eventually caught up with Jason and had reunited with his katana.

His katana was against Jason's throat.

Jason wore an impish grin, seeming unconcerned at the sword against his throat.

"Look, Dames-"

"Do not call me that." 

He pressed the flat end of the blade closer to his throat, making it non-lethal but equally as threatening.

"Consider yourself warned."

He slammed Jason against the wall, then stormed off to his room.

"Damn." Tim whistled.

"Well I mean, what did you expect with antagonizing him? Nothing good ever comes from that you know." Dick reasoned.

Considering Jason had come out of their recent encounter relatively unscathed, Damian considered his non-violent methods effective for the time being. Even if Alfred or his father didn't approve.

There was a knock on the door.

"Go away before I slit your throat." He said, with the air of one saying a greeting.

Cass opened the door with a smile.

"Is that how you greet your favorite sister?" She said, grinning at him in a manner similar to Jason's.

"Sorry." He muttered.

"Jason?" 

"Yes."

Cass stroked her chin thougthfully.

"So, are you gonna tell me about the clip I saw, or am I going to have to g o around and ask Babs?"

He scowled at her, his glare deepening.

Cass smiled fondly at her little brother.

"Dinner's ready in a few. B's coming back soon with everybody else, so be prepared for a hectic dinner."

"I appreciate you informing me of the circumstances." Came the formal response.

~

The whole point of going to Gotham was to escape this. To escape the pain. She couldn't continue doing this job knowing that they were gone.